Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you been uncorked? Post your impressions!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its been quite a few days of software updates and uncorking...and I've been out of town for it all and won't be back until Friday! Already have an appointment for Monday to uncork, and earlier today I also got a notification on my phone that I have a software update available (I'm still on .34).

Cant wait! But in the mean time, would love to hear some first hand impressions of how the car feels after the uncorking! I image it has to be a significant difference, a full second shaved off from 0-60 is no joke. Hows other aspects of driving? Noticeable at freeway speeds too?

Its been quite a few days of software updates and uncorking...and I've been out of town for it all and won't be back until Friday! Already have an appointment for Monday to uncork, and earlier today I also got a notification on my phone that I have a software update available (I'm still on .34).

Cant wait! But in the mean time, would love to hear some first hand impressions of how the car feels after the uncorking! I image it has to be a significant difference, a full second shaved off from 0-60 is no joke. Hows other aspects of driving? Noticeable at freeway speeds too?
You are going to love the difference. Very very noticeable upgrade.....mostly under 70 mph. You will have family members start to complain that their head/neck hurts when you mash the pedal....haha. I beleive it's a perfect speed increase for the 75D....which will beat most cars on the street now because of the consistent acceleration. I got 12.8 1/4mile on a cool nite with a lower SOC.

It's an unbelievable difference. There's still torque up to around 70 mph when previously I'd mash the pedal and barely anything would happen. Passing on the freeway is also much easier at regular speeds.

Accelerating fully from a stop feels like the front end slightly lifts up... so nice. The speed I've always wanted.

From a fullback to a tailback.

waiting for my uncork on Friday...

would there be any noticeable consumption drop? Will watts/mile go up? What about range? I will likely reset one of the trips to monitor post-uncork consumption and be able to compare.

Wondering if Elon did this so 75D's range drops from 259 to 230 or so, and buyers then get in line for a 100D :)

• Funny
Reactions: Olle and calisnow
waiting for my uncork on Friday...

would there be any noticeable consumption drop? Will watts/mile go up? What about range? I will likely reset one of the trips to monitor post-uncork consumption and be able to compare.

Wondering if Elon did this so 75D's range drops from 259 to 230 or so, and buyers then get in line for a 100D :)

Under normal driving my wh/mi stayed the same. But because you will be mashing it and chuckling, you should expect an increased wh/mi number. Mine was approximately 10% more usage.

I think Elon did this to sell used 75Ds. There's a good number that are approaching lease ends and they make a good amount of money off CPO Teslas. This makes it a much more attractive entry point and an extremely low cost from a customer acquisition and PR standpoint, especially as a used alternative to a Model 3.

Night and day difference, s*** flying around everywhere reminds me of my old Roadster. It's super fun but waiting for the inevitable "no free lunch" part in the future where increased wear and tear rears its ugly head =)

That, my friend; is future caltechkid’s problem. Present caltechkid can just enjoy it like an immature teenager and wheeeeeeeee!

06D704F9-28BA-4DD9-9280-383842A444D0.png 9FB49900-70B7-414C-9C32-7303DFF1D280.png Just got mine back from the service center. The difference is HUGE! The front end of the car lifts up under acceleration. The front motor makes way more whine/noise. I did several 0-60 runs before and after. I went from averaging 5.2 to averaging 4.2.

Also got the latest firmware 2017.42. I have Ap1 hardware. The autopilot seemed really smooth and well behaved on the drive from seaside to Santa Cruz.

Got my car uncorked yesterday and yup, definitely noticeable! They kind of ruined it a little bit for me though! :p Why? Because they gave me a P85D loaner as mine was being worked on! Mine actually felt slow after that hahaha.

But yeah, feels noticeably faster. I did some testing and got what is expected via PowerTools - 4.2 seconds 0-60 with max power at 468HP (pre-uncorcking the HP showed exactly 100HP less at 368HP)
I think I can do a little better, as I got a 5.0 second pre-uncorking on one run, and 5.2 seconds on a second run.

Impressions? My love for Tesla has grown TEN FOLD after this update. I mean holy *sugar*... One wouldn't think a whole second would make a difference but it feels very close to the P90D I had for a few days. It makes me dizzy when I launch off of stoplights!

Plus the tension on the pedal feels a little less strong and makes for a much more nimble and refined driving experience. I absolutely love my 75D car and have the feeling I'll be keeping that sweet girl for a LONG time.