Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you done rideshare?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had the best time this past year doing Uber in the Columbus OH area in my Model X.

I have tons of fun stories, does anyone else rideshare their Tesla, and do you have FUN stories? (don't want any horror, make your own thread for that).

I think I was up to 500 rides before COVID-19.

The one story that stands out the most is the used car lot owner (sells only Porsche, BMW, Mercedes...) that I took to the south side to pick up some auction cars. He told me all about his bad experiences trying to resell Tesla's and how the tech isn't quite there yet.

His employee asked "why is there a blue steering wheel on your dash"?

I said, "I put your destination in my navigation and Sparky is driving us there."

:)

I am also not very good at navigating in the city, I often end up in the wrong lane and am forced to make a turn where I didn't want to.

So I have these 30 somethings in the car taking them for happy hour at a craft brew place, and I got stuck in the wrong lane at a stoplight. They were hooting and hollerin' in the car and the girls started chanting "Be aggressive, be-be aggressive"

Not even close to needing to cut the car beside me off, and they had a blast. They took photos with the wings up and waved me goodbye. I told my wife the story, and every once in a while at a stoplight I will hear her quietly chanting... Makes me :)

One Sunday I was driving, and I could tell by how far away I was getting sent to pick people up that most Ubers were not driving that three day weekend.

So I ended up with an UberXL run that I had to drive 17 minutes to pick up two college kids at WalMart, where they had just bought two fully assembled 10 speeds. Luckily I planned for this kind of thing and had plastic table cloths to wrap the bicycles in.

On the way to campus, someone on a cell phone makes a hard right into my drivers side (video is elsewhere on this site). I started cussing a little and the guys were asking what was wrong. They didn't even feel the impact.

I asked them if they wanted me to cancel the Uber trip so they could get another ride and they said no. They were curious about all the cool new things they were getting to witness first hand, they were Chinese.

The family that hit me were middle east/India and begged me not to report the accident but cops were already there. The cop said he wasn't writing a citation because he didn't know who went out of their lane. I got the video and opened it on my phone for the cop. I also didn't file a report, the cop assured me he had all of the statements and could file one the next day if insurance required it, they did not.

I got to campus, and of course I had used the drivers side falcon to load the bike without scratching things, so one of the boys had to crawl in to help get them out. They must have felt bad for me, even after I made them work to get the bikes out they gave me a $10 tip.

To add insult to injury for the story, even though I did not hit record again, Sparky played a mean trick and recorded the last 10 minutes before I got going from the accident. My wife found video of the dad grabbing me and giving me a big kiss for not filing a report. (The cop told me to get the hell out of there before anything worse could happen)

One of my first Uber trips was during the "Open" in Dublin. I picked up 5 twenty-somethings to take to Bogey's.

They were cranking the tunes, singing at the top of their lungs and having an awesome time, and by proxy, so was I.

I now actually like Ke$ha's "Blow".

During the state fair I picked up four women and a guy. The poor guy was the boyfriend to one of the girls, and had to keep entering the songs the girls requested into Slacker and cranking the volume higher. Lots of fun.

When we got to the fair the four up front got out and took off, leaving the one girl in the third row stuck. I got out to let her out and she asked if she could stay back there for the day, said she would be quiet so passengers wouldn't know she was there and she would have a lot more fun. :) I have had more than one passenger ask that...

Same!
I also got a few bad ratings because they didn’t appreciate a Tesla picking them up.

Sorry you both had bad experiences. EV's are still relatively rare in the midwest, not much for incentives. That may be why I didn't get too much Tesla hate.

And the falcon wing opening might also make a small difference in first impressions.

My bad ratings were because I didn't know how to refund money for fares I never picked up (some not there, some in wrong cars)