Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you ever kerbed your Aero wheels?

Have you ever kerbed your Aero wheels?

• No, never.

• Yes, once.

• Yes, twice.

• Yes, three times.

• Yes, four or more times!

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're those Scuffs rim protectors?

I've always been cautious about them. If them come lose they can flog the bodywork and cost more than a rim repair.

Yep, same concerns but as said - the overall look tipped the balance! No, I bought the Rimblades and followed the installation instructions very carefully. I fit them 2 months ago and they are hard solid till now (except the piece that I kerbed!).

Yep, same concerns but as said - the overall look tipped the balance! No, I bought the Rimblades and followed the installation instructions very carefully. I fit them 2 months ago and they are hard solid till now (except the piece that I kerbed!).
So did you buy the rim blades pro version or the light or flex version. Hope they still work? I am planning to order one bit worries whether the pro one will be difficult to fit without deflating the tire

I had my wheel done the other say due to someone forcing us into a kerb. The refurber did the whole wheel and I am not 100 percent happy with it. It appears darker than the original wheel. Looks ok when you look at it but it’s darker than light grey of the aero wheel cap now. Where the other wheels match the grey of the cover. It’s a bit glossier too.
B760BC68-98EB-4678-A0E2-8EBA942AFB29.jpeg

277FE7E2-1B3A-46CC-B025-C6C54746BB3A.jpeg

I had my wheel done the other say due to someone forcing us into a kerb. The refurber did the whole wheel and I am not 100 percent happy with it. It appears darker than the original wheel. Looks ok when you look at it but it’s darker than light grey of the aero wheel cap now. Where the other wheels match the grey of the cover. It’s a bit glossier too.
View attachment 652089
View attachment 652090
Looks nice to me in picture. Is that from Rim blades or scuffs or alloy gator? If from Rim blades is it pro version? Let me know how much did it cost - direct message me if you can and also the returner contacts please

Looks nice to me in picture. Is that from Rim blades or scuffs or alloy gator? If from Rim blades is it pro version? Let me know how much did it cost - direct message me if you can and also the returner contacts please
Sorry I am not sure what you are asking. I don’t have any wheel rim protector on the my wheel. The close up was to show the paint colour difference from alloy wheel to the light grey of the aero cap which match colour in real life.

So did you buy the rim blades pro version or the light or flex version. Hope they still work? I am planning to order one bit worries whether the pro one will be difficult to fit without deflating the tire
I bought the cheapest option (£25), I think it was called Light. They still work. Since the last post I hit the curb two more times already. The protector got unstuck but just around the area of impact and I was able to glue it back. But I have to warn you - fixing the protectors to Tesla wheels was not as easy as you see on Youtube. The rim edge is not even, so the protector has to bend with the shape of the rim. On Youtube they always show the wheel with the even flat rims, which makes it easy. Nevertheless, I am happy with the purchase and installation. £25 worth spent!

That's like magic. How do they do that? I can't see the damage at all. Just below the Michlin man wave guy right?
Yes, just below the Michelin man. It really was as good as new, the guy said he'd done lots of these wheels before, was obviously sceptical given how new the car model was to the market but I was inclined to believe him at the end.

This was all done on the driveway, he jacked the car up (with his own pucks), took the wheel into his van and, well I'm not sure exactly what he did in there, but it came out as pictured.

>>This was all done on the driveway, he jacked the car up (with his own pucks), took the wheel into his van and, well I'm not sure exactly what he did in there, but it came out as pictured.<<

Does he by any chance do house calls to Brit expats in Australia? Asking for a friend, natch.

• Funny
Reactions: Medved_77
Kerbed both front wheels on the LR within weeks of having it, like many others on here I had not damaged a wheel on any other car previously, even in my youth when I drove like a tit!

I am worried about the M3P and will be parking/pulling up very cautiously - have you seen how exposed the rims are with the 'stretched' P Zero's that are now fitted 🙄

Exactly this. Don’t understand why the rubber fitted to Teslas don’t.

I have the 20” performance alloys, had them all repaired once already and they all need doing again.:mad:
I was wondering if aerodynamic/efficiency reasons were a factor? i.e. is it possible that a narrower rim setup with the same tires, while protecting the rims from the curb, could be less efficient? Agree with other posters that it's very nice to have that protection. For my part I have damaged both back rims, but not enough that anyone would normally notice other than me.

Bothers me though :)

Kerbed both front wheels on the LR within weeks of having it, like many others on here I had not damaged a wheel on any other car previously, even in my youth when I drove like a tit!

I am worried about the M3P and will be parking/pulling up very cautiously - have you seen how exposed the rims are with the 'stretched' P Zero's that are now fitted 🙄
@Jez_GB I kerbed a rented model 3 LR in the US once, and like you, I'd not kerbed wheels before in so many cars! I found that the steering on the Model 3 contributed. It's very quick, so even when pulling up close to a kerb, the slightest turn of the wheel and ouch.

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB