Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you ever seen Wh/mi this high?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving down the road and noticed that my Wh/mi was crazy high. 73,505. It had me really concerned at first but the battery percentage was acting normal so I just kept driving. Made it to my destination ok and the number kept dropping as I drove. When I left again, the screen was black and finally rebooted on it's own. Then everything was normal again. Just curious if anyone has ever seen anything like this?

I'm on MCU1, AP1, and it is painfully slow. I have to reboot every day to get navigation to work. It went in to the service center before Christmas and they said my memory chip was at 86% capacity but wasn't high enough to require replacement. They requested that I allow them to restore factory settings and that would fix my problems. I let them do it and things were great for 2 days, and now back to constant rebooting.

I'll be taking it in for MCU2 upgrade along with the radio module very soon. Only mentioning all of this because maybe this crazy high number is a symptom of the MCU failing?

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.png

I have a 2016 Model X with MCU1 and it requires a reboot maybe every 3 weeks although recently it seems to have been needing it more often. So it is not as bad as your situation, but once before it froze up and needed a reboot, it got stuck at I think it was 799 or 899. I thought that was high!

I was driving down the road and noticed that my Wh/mi was crazy high. 73,505. It had me really concerned at first but the battery percentage was acting normal so I just kept driving. Made it to my destination ok and the number kept dropping as I drove. When I left again, the screen was black and finally rebooted on it's own. Then everything was normal again. Just curious if anyone has ever seen anything like this?

I'm on MCU1, AP1, and it is painfully slow. I have to reboot every day to get navigation to work. It went in to the service center before Christmas and they said my memory chip was at 86% capacity but wasn't high enough to require replacement. They requested that I allow them to restore factory settings and that would fix my problems. I let them do it and things were great for 2 days, and now back to constant rebooting.

I'll be taking it in for MCU2 upgrade along with the radio module very soon. Only mentioning all of this because maybe this crazy high number is a symptom of the MCU failing?

View attachment 629208 View attachment 629209
So if I do the math, an average of 73,505Wh per mile for the past 30 miles = 2,205kWh. Either you have had a battery upgrade, or the display data is seriously glitched.

I was driving a few miles north of that location in deep snow in the North Georgia mountains about 10 months ago and did sustain over 1,400Wh per mile.
2020-02-08 12.34.50.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78