TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Have you ever...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mike K, May 5, 2016.

1. Mike K

Mike K Member

#1 Mike K, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Come back to your other car to find it locked and running? I'm out of town with a rental car and I've left it parked and running no less than 6 times now. Most recently I came out of a grocery store after 30 minutes and there's my Dodge Charger, locked and running in a parking spot, my brother laughing at my seeming incompetence. I'm so used to just parking and getting out that I keep just parking and getting out.

The Model S has ruined the way I car.

• Funny x 6
  2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Had to reread this sentence several times before I realized "Charger" referred to your car model rather than a charger cable. Must be getting senile or else the anticipation of getting my Model 3 has my mind so attuned to EVs that it's coloring the way I interpret what I read. :p

3. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

One convenience of the MS that gets me every time I drive my other cars is the ability to park, open the door, and MS automatically puts itself in Park without me touching the stalk. In my other cars, I stop, start to get out and then realize the car is moving and hit the breaks and put it in Park manually.

4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I did that once. the car was running for hours until I returned

• Like x 1
  5. SPXMike

SPXMike Member

Guilty as charged

6. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Have not done that (yet) but along those lines I took someone for a test drive yesterday and when we finished the guy made a motion with his hand like reaching for a key and then asked me how to turn off the car. :)

7. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Yep, this is why I don't drive ICE anymore when I travel, I only rideshare as I'm quite simply not competent to operate outdated hardware ;)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. eyespii

eyespii Member

At least you remember to lock your car...otherwise you'd come back to find no car at all!