Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you experienced the "phantom" seat restore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the "phantom" seat restore. Every so often, when I get into the car, I get the "Save" "Restore" option for my seat position. The thing is, I didn't change the seat position at all, and hitting the "Restore" button doesn't actually do anything (as far as I can tell).

This mostly seems to happen when I get out and back in without closing the door. Like when you get out to toss out the recycling, or to take something inside the house, and get right back in the car. It doesn't seem to happen if I get into the car after if I've been away from the car for a long time (say, overnight) but I have had it happen when picking up mom for lunch. Get out of the car, go into the house, help her to the car, get back in the car, push the "Restore" button, nothing happens, drive away.

This didn't always happen, though it's not especially new behavior either. Maybe 6 months? Maybe a year? It happens so infrequently that at first I thought I was accidentally hitting a seat control when I get out of the car. Now, after paying more attention to it, I think that might not be the case. The seat controls are kinda hard to just hit unintentionally and nothing moves when I hit the "Restore" button. I've also tried hitting the "Save" button several times to see if that clears it up, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.