Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you had MCU1 issues? Some good news today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does it mean for Australian owners who paid Tesla to replace the MCU(which will fail again after 4 years)?

How long it lasts will depend on a few things. MCU parts made/reman'd starting in May 2020 came with the 64 GB eMMC instead of the old 8 GB one. Also they have made, and continue to make, a number of firmware changes designed to make the eMMC last longer:

MCU1 eMMC fw changes.png

So the current MCUs should last much longer than the original ones.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
So what is the criteria in Australia? My car has been 88,000km, which exceeds warranty, but is under 100,000 miles.

"This malfunction may result in a blank or intermittently blank touch screen but will not impact the ability to drive."

Huh? I thought people complaining about being effected were complaining about many functions of the car being disabled.

But in any case, the symptoms sound exactly like what I have been seeing recently in my car. So I suspect I might be effected.

My 2015 Model S P85D had the mcu replaced in around February after blackouts and restating on its own.

I'm now getting artefacts across the screen and can't paste some functions until the screen appears normal again.

If its the mcu again home they replace and get a credit from earlier in the year

I have received two separate emails from Tesla about reimbursement,.
The first email said that I would be notified by the end of February about reimbursement details, the second email said that I would be notified by the end of March.
Have not received any details about reimbursement yet.

I received the "8GB eMMC Recall Reimbursement" email, on the 'eMMC reimburstment request form' it asks for the BIC/SWIFT/BSB, I enter WPACAU2S 734-456 as the Swift & BSD codes for Westpac, I get Invalid Length error & unable to submit. any ideas how to fix this?

I received the "8GB eMMC Recall Reimbursement" email, on the 'eMMC reimburstment request form' it asks for the BIC/SWIFT/BSB, I enter WPACAU2S 734-456 as the Swift & BSD codes for Westpac, I get Invalid Length error & unable to submit. any ideas how to fix this?
I just entered the BSB in that field.

Why it takes two months to ask for a bank account number and then two more months to send a refund is insulting.

Can you use account number rather than Swift? Usually a 9-digit number.
I also got this email and have submitted my details dutifully. Look forward to the refund.
Kind of ironic given the month-long argument I had with Tesla Service a year ago when they first demanded I pay out of pocket to replace my faulty MCU in a 3-yo car with just over the mileage limit.
I seemed wrong to me at the time, and this refund bears that out.

I just entered the BSB in that field.
I put the BSD number in just add to remove the dash from in between.

Can you use account number rather than Swift? Usually a 9-digit number.
I also got this email and have submitted my details dutifully. Look forward to the refund.
I put the Swift code in the comment box with the other info about my MCU replacement.