Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Have you had worn or failing/failed suspension bushes/arms replaced on your Telsa?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tevo Solutions

Former Vendor
Dec 21, 2020
UK
We want to hear from all owners who have had rubber suspension bushes fail or wear out and have had them replaced in or out of warranty.
Same goes for any control arm failures (camber arms, upper control arms, ball joints squeaking) where you've needed one or more parts replacing/repairing.
Once we establish which parts are wearing the fastest/most, we'll be looking at offering replacement parts which will last a lot longer and cost less than the Tesla OE parts.

There are too many individual parts to do a poll until we narrow it down a bit, so for now could you please reply here with the following information:
Model (MS/MX/M3):
Year of manufacture:
Part(s) Replaced - (Description & Tesla part number if possible: i.e. Front Lower Link 1044341-00-D)
Approx. mileage when replaced
Warranty repair or chargeable? (if possible provide cost and where repair was done):

Thanks for your input and we'll be announcing more on these new product developments in the coming weeks.

2020 M3 LR 17K miles Loud squeaking front and rear after fitting TEVA anti-roll bars. Originally used red rubber lube but when that proved ineffective switched to a silicone lube that worked for a few miles. We now have a passive pedestrian warning device when the slightest bump encountered :-(

• Funny
Reactions: MountainPass
Had car in for another issue, they replaced arms. Not sure if it needed that, but it was done, at roughly 20K miles. I had not had any problems with steering, but we live on a thousand foot hill with twisty, rough roads, so now we STILL don't have a problem with steering or rough roads.

Where's the drama? You'd think I'd get some drama, but, no. Just got back from a 5000 mile jaunt to Phoenix, great drive, smooth as silk, or at least Rayon, and the car was flawless, as usual. So I now have 25,000 miles on it so my car and Milli's 3 match.

There are some common failures on all cars. On Teslas, suspension bushes and ball joints are among the most common so we're addressing that with some aftermarket replacement parts which will be more durable than the OE factory fitted parts and carry a lifetime guarantee.

The more responses we get with detailed information, the more we'll be able to help existing owners maintain their cars once the warranty has expired.

Reactions: LavanyaLea
Going into service centre tomorrow to resolve squeaky/creaky front driver's side suspension on 2019 M3 with 35k miles. The repair estimate breakdown on the app currently shows they're planning to replace both front control arms (1044326-00-J and 1044321-00-J) and resealing the ball joints. Showing as free of charge under warranty. I'll update tomorrow evening if anything further to add!

Going into service centre tomorrow to resolve squeaky/creaky front driver's side suspension on 2019 M3 with 35k miles. The repair estimate breakdown on the app currently shows they're planning to replace both front control arms (1044326-00-J and 1044321-00-J) and resealing the ball joints. Showing as free of charge under warranty. I'll update tomorrow evening if anything further to add!
These are very common. We're replacing one today on one of our own cars. Currently they are replaced under warranty but we plan to have a better version ready to sell for when they are outside warranty.

Replaced under Warranty...

MY19 M3SR+
Correction: General Diagnosis
Correction: Control Arm - Upper - Front - Pair
(Includes Alignment Check) (Remove and
Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
BOLT,HF,M10-1.5x87,STL[109],ZNFL,SMAT (1130701-00-A) 4.00
NUT,HF,M10-1.5,[10],ZNNI,PTP (1111145-00-A) 2.00
BOLT,BH,M10-1.5x59,[10.9],ZNFL,SMAT (1064834-00-B) 2.00
FR UPR CTRL ARM ASSY, RH (1044326-00-J) 1.00
FR UPR CTRL ARM ASSY, LH (1044321-00-J) 1.00

2020 M3 LR 17K miles Loud squeaking front and rear after fitting TEVO anti-roll bars. Originally used red rubber lube but when that proved ineffective switched to a silicone lube that worked for a few miles. We now have a passive pedestrian warning device when the slightest bump encountered :-(
Update on the TEVO bar squeeks: TEVO installed PTFE wraps where the bushes held the bars. Perfect solution! Pedestrians beware!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tevo Solutions
hEY bUDDY,

You will be doing good work if you could assist with the polyurethane replacement of the bushing components. I replaced the UCA's 8 months prior to this quote.

Cheers,

Arameh.

Attachments

• FRONT HALF SHAFT QUOTE.jpg
    FRONT HALF SHAFT QUOTE.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 222
  • jUST HUB QUOTE.jpg
    jUST HUB QUOTE.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 96
  • LINK AND HUB QUOTE.jpg
    LINK AND HUB QUOTE.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 92
  • UPPER ARMS QUOTE.jpg
    UPPER ARMS QUOTE.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 101
2019 M3 SR+, 56K miles. Started as a slight squeak/groan about 2K miles ago, now squeaks all the way around the wheel and any bump or body flex. Would have been fixed a while ago if SC wasn't so backlogged. Going in Saturday, $826 quote to replace both upper control arms (1044326-00-J and 1044321-00-J), 80% labor. Sucks being 60+ and too fat/busy/tired/sore/inflexible to do it myself...