Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Have you had worn or failing/failed suspension bushes/arms replaced on your Telsa?

Tevo Solutions

Local Vendor - The UK & Ireland
Dec 21, 2020
UK
We want to hear from all owners who have had rubber suspension bushes fail or wear out and have had them replaced in or out of warranty.
Same goes for any control arm failures (camber arms, upper control arms, ball joints squeaking) where you've needed one or more parts replacing/repairing.
Once we establish which parts are wearing the fastest/most, we'll be looking at offering replacement parts which will last a lot longer and cost less than the Tesla OE parts.

There are too many individual parts to do a poll until we narrow it down a bit, so for now could you please reply here with the following information:
Model (MS/MX/M3):
Year of manufacture:
Part(s) Replaced - (Description & Tesla part number if possible: i.e. Front Lower Link 1044341-00-D)
Approx. mileage when replaced
Warranty repair or chargeable? (if possible provide cost and where repair was done):

Thanks for your input and we'll be announcing more on these new product developments in the coming weeks.

M3noob

Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
2020 M3 LR 17K miles Loud squeaking front and rear after fitting TEVA anti-roll bars. Originally used red rubber lube but when that proved ineffective switched to a silicone lube that worked for a few miles. We now have a passive pedestrian warning device when the slightest bump encountered :-(

roblab

Jul 15, 2008
Angwin (Napa Valley) CA
Had car in for another issue, they replaced arms. Not sure if it needed that, but it was done, at roughly 20K miles. I had not had any problems with steering, but we live on a thousand foot hill with twisty, rough roads, so now we STILL don't have a problem with steering or rough roads.

Where's the drama? You'd think I'd get some drama, but, no. Just got back from a 5000 mile jaunt to Phoenix, great drive, smooth as silk, or at least Rayon, and the car was flawless, as usual. So I now have 25,000 miles on it so my car and Milli's 3 match.

Tevo Solutions

Local Vendor - The UK & Ireland
Dec 21, 2020
UK
There are some common failures on all cars. On Teslas, suspension bushes and ball joints are among the most common so we're addressing that with some aftermarket replacement parts which will be more durable than the OE factory fitted parts and carry a lifetime guarantee.

The more responses we get with detailed information, the more we'll be able to help existing owners maintain their cars once the warranty has expired.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC