Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

• No

Votes: 295 59.5%
  • Nearly

Votes: 94 19.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 107 21.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For sure, that’s what I meant and it’s the main basis for comparison. The real range in winter will probably be -30% as it is for pretty much everyone.

It’s no different to any other model that’s been in production for any length of time. The current Ford fiesta looks basically the same as one from 2013.

The Model 3 has only been on sale in the U.K. for about 3 and a half years, hardly long in the tooth at all.
yeah, but model 3 is exactly same - real world range vs wltp/epa ;)

Some manufacture do abrupt changes on exterior design to make the car more appealing and increase sales, also make owners of previews models to feel outdated and more willing to update to a new one.

This actually hurt owners as their now outdated cars is perceived as lower value even if it is as capable as the newer model. I preferer the way Tesla (can we say also Porsche?) is do, small upgrades here and there, a facelift every couple of years with some visual differences. But nothing like Ford, Honda, Hynday etc... do.

As if I would buy Tesla again I find it very likely to happen. I am no fanboy but I think tesla is years ahead of other EVs when all things considered car, software, charging network and delivery time.
I will keep model 3 still for 5-7 at least. Next generation of tesla will probably focus on manufacture simplification, cost reduction and FSD hardware. Thigs that benefit the company and is good, but not so much value for users.

After this manufacturing simplification and when competition start to be more compelling then is likely that Tesla will invest on things that benefit us as users and I might consider upgrade. Still I believe tesla will be years ahead of competition on software and charging network and I would probably choose tesla again.

Model 3 LR rates as 389 miles on the WLTP cycle with the 18" wheels. From the videos I saw VW haven't announced the battery size, people have just speculated based n other MEB vehicles.

I found it hard to formulate an opinion about a camouflaged car with mocked up pictures of the interior.

1672913371893.png

As if I would buy Tesla again I find it very likely to happen. I am no fanboy but I think tesla is years ahead of other EVs when all things considered car, software, charging network and delivery time.
I will keep model 3 still for 5-7 at least. Next generation of tesla will probably focus on manufacture simplification, cost reduction and FSD hardware. Thigs that benefit the company and is good, but not so much value for users.
Let’s talk again when you’ve been an owner for 5 years. You may think slightly differently after the honeymoon period / once your out of warranty / etc etc.

Model 3 LR rates as 389 miles on the WLTP cycle with the 18" wheels. From the videos I saw VW haven't announced the battery size, people have just speculated based n other MEB vehicles.

I found it hard to formulate an opinion about a camouflaged car with mocked up pictures of the interior.

Pretty much this.

Manufacturers have been doing all sorts of sneaky stuff as well to meet these specs and prices.

The $35k Model 3 that was discontinued, the 77kwh ID.3, discontinued (and all trim levels but one in the U.K. it seems). The Ionic V with the solar roof, discontinued. The list could go on.

Let’s see what we can actually order 3 months after launch.

yes, at some extent.
but so far car designs are the same as they were once they were released (more or less), the range still hovers at max of 300 miles (for model 3) despite new packs or whatever. and software - well all manufacturers do OTA updates for the software these days, nothing really special here... but whatever.

what is really interesting is that ID7 claims to be 435 mile range with 77 kwh battery - battery is more or less same size as model 3 LR battery which does 350 at best. an efficiency something to think about, no?
I think you might be confusing two things Yessuz. VW has a 77kwh pack already - but the claimed 435 mile range is for a yet to be released pack, suggested to be over 90kwh.

But quite exciting to see a full range of vehicles from a number of manufacturers starting to be released.

Example: The RWD Model 3 has made a significant jump in range over the SR+. It has a larger battery capacity and is more efficient due to having a different motor and also through having the heat pump with octovalve system. It is also able to use its full increased battery capacity through using a different chemistry which enables owners to routinely start their day with 100% charge. It has double glazed side windows. It has a heated area of the windscreen to reduce incidences of wipers freezing. It has added a heated steering wheel. The standard spec now includes heated rear seats.

I would venture to say that there have been more developmental changes to the Tesla models than any other car presently in production. The fact that the appearance of the body shell looks the same is neither here nor there!
You are absolutely right about all these improvements, but they have come with a very substantial increase in price. We’re not getting any extras for free.

I’m not sure you can justify your last point unless you’ve done very extensive research.

Reactions: CWT3LR
You are absolutely right about all these improvements, but they have come with a very substantial increase in price. We’re not getting any extras for free.

I’m not sure you can justify your last point unless you’ve done very extensive research.
The fact that other manufacturers release on a 3-4 yearly cycle usually means their incremental development improvements are released all at the same time, rather than piecemeal.

It allows them to test the changes before releasing them, unlike Tesla who seem to have the attitude of get it out the door as soon as you can and then fix it later. Or not, as the case often is.

Reactions: Ratch

A significant chunk of the price increase is related to the loss of the government grant and not solely what Tesla chooses to charge. There has been an increase in the price of most new cars since 2019. Anyway, why have we moved over to talking about price ... I was simply countering the incorrect assertion that the car is the same as it was when introduced. It isn't.

Reactions: boombap and Js1977
I wouldn’t recommend to a friend, no. Equally I wouldn’t say don’t buy - but do think carefully about what you need from a car. Definitely don’t fall for the hype, they are not special or different as many think. They’re just another car.

In the case of the Model Y LR, the luggage space is a trump card and the performance is decent. The refinement and ride are sub-par (objectively stated by most reviewers) and the infotainment is poor (subjectively stated by quite a few on here and my own opinion too).

I’d caution against supercharger hype, the one time I needed it, all chargers were full when I’d passed lots of empty 3rd party chargers.

And I wouldn’t recommend to anyone who thinks they should be able to speak to someone/get assistance on a day that they have a problem with their car.

I still think the vehicle itself is fantastic. Love autopilot, the performance, features etc. But by god the service is appalling and they keep making some stupid decisions.
My car has been in for service FIFTEEN TIMES to try to fix some major rattles and they've been unable to do so. Tesla has now given up and refuses to provide any sort of resolution or compensation. Having to go through the financial ombudsman currently.

Additionally when I got a chip in my windscreen it took several months for a replacement windshield to arrive. Autoglass couldn't even get one at all and I had to go through Tesla themselves and still wait over 2 months for it to be fixed.
If my windshield was damaged more my car would have been undriveable for 2 months because of their poor parts distribution...

But also just stuff like the parking sensor removal. My mother just received her Model Y, and this >£60,000 car has no parking sensors....with no date at all as to when the camera based system will be implemented (Seriously, WHY were parking sensors removed when there isn't even a timeline for the replacement???).
Not only that, but because of the lack of parking sensors, she also cannot use the summon features she has paid for until Tesla gets around to adding the replacement system.
The cars themselves are great, but the company has made so much about the process so absurdly frustrating that I've cancelled my Model S order and will not even consider getting another Tesla until some of the basic stuff is sorted

I still think the vehicle itself is fantastic. Love autopilot, the performance, features etc. But by god the service is appalling and they keep making some stupid decisions.
My car has been in for service FIFTEEN TIMES to try to fix some major rattles and they've been unable to do so. Tesla has now given up and refuses to provide any sort of resolution or compensation. Having to go through the financial ombudsman currently.

Additionally when I got a chip in my windscreen it took several months for a replacement windshield to arrive. Autoglass couldn't even get one at all and I had to go through Tesla themselves and still wait over 2 months for it to be fixed.
If my windshield was damaged more my car would have been undriveable for 2 months because of their poor parts distribution...

But also just stuff like the parking sensor removal. My mother just received her Model Y, and this >£60,000 car has no parking sensors....with no date at all as to when the camera based system will be implemented (Seriously, WHY were parking sensors removed when there isn't even a timeline for the replacement???).
Not only that, but because of the lack of parking sensors, she also cannot use the summon features she has paid for until Tesla gets around to adding the replacement system.
The cars themselves are great, but the company has made so much about the process so absurdly frustrating that I've cancelled my Model S order and will not even consider getting another Tesla until some of the basic stuff is sorted
You see, autopilot is worse implementation of TACC + Lane Assistant than similar systems with other manufacturers . So that bit is exactly nothing special

It’s a shame that the service lets the side down so much. 15 service visits is insane. I guess that would cover my last four cars, 12 years, 150k miles. And the mileage/visit ratio is only that bad because my mileage has become minuscule since 2020.

Parts supply inexcusable too. They’d rather fit a screen to a new sale than ensure there are adequate supplies. I cracked two windscreens in four months last year in my old car, I can’t imagine how frustrating it would be to wait two months each time.

Reactions: CWT3LR