Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have You Purchased a Pre-Painted Bumper from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an estimate today, not for a bumper, but a front left fender (LR AWD 2020), not clear if it was prepainted, $295. Small part of a much larger job, but only new part required. Actually seemed pretty reasonable.

I just got a quote to repair my rear bumper from a body shop, including the $365 for a new bumper, but they said they can’t get it painted like Tesla can. With painting and all the labor it came to $1750 !!!!

I’m hoping Tesla can do it for the $1100 and in only a few hours, which would be more convenient even though the other insurance is paying.

Not that they had much doubt who was at fault when I got rear ended, I handed over the video

I just got a quote to repair my rear bumper from a body shop, including the $365 for a new bumper, but they said they can’t get it painted like Tesla can. With painting and all the labor it came to $1750 !!!!

I’m hoping Tesla can do it for the $1100 and in only a few hours, which would be more convenient even though the other insurance is paying.

Not that they had much doubt who was at fault when I got rear ended, I handed over the video

As mentioned in the video in post #3 above (Have You Purchased a Pre-Painted Bumper from Tesla?), we got a rear bumper replaced for less than $1100 at the Littleton Service Center.

Do you just walk up to the service center and order a prepainted bumper? I hit something on the highway and took a few chunks of paint from the front bumper. I'm been researching ways to fix it, but if it's really only $365 for a new one then I'm inclined to DIY it.

I've seen a couple references in this thread to the price quote for the pre-painted front fascia as $386. I just got a quote from the SC in SF and the part was $950 and about 1100 installed with tax. Am I missing something here? This thread doesn't look that old so curious what the price difference is here.

Reactions: lUtriaNt