Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you received FSD you paid for?

If you have paid for FSD (purchase or subscription), did you receive it?

• Yes - I got FSD with features I expected and am satisfied

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Got FSD beta and it is useful, but still not complete / everything I paid for

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • Got FSD beta and it is/was not useful

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • Waiting to get into FSD beta - my safety score should be sufficient

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • Waiting to get into FSD beta, but my safety score is not good enough

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I do not want to play with safety scores, so no FSD beta for me

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • My car does not have hardware needed for FSD beta

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • FSD beta is not available in my country/region

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Other reason for not receiving FSD I purchased

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EAP Price Paid? $5K
EAP feature complete? Yes
EAP features work as originally advertised? Haha, not anywhere close

FSD Price Paid? $3K
FSD Advertised future capability as I understood it? L4 Autonomous driving in typical conditions humans would be capable of
FSD capability as I thought was possible? None as I was cynical from the very beginning and considered one of the three things that happened in late 2016 that signaled our reality had flipped to the upside down.
FSD reason for purchase? For my 2018 Model 3 to have the latest HW for make believe self driving
Did FSD deliver on reason for purchase? Yes, so far
Biggest disappointment with FSD? Complete and total lack of customer engagement.
Favorite EAP/FSD feature? Auto lane change
Least favorite part of EAP/FSD? Torque Sensor. So incredibly dumb.

Next Vehicle? Rivian with hands free L2 on the freeway

Tesla has implemented unique way of selling FSD: you can purchase it today, but there is no indication when you might get it. Which stage of getting what you paid for are you?
Obtuse conflation poll. FSD Capability package is what you buy. FSD Beta is privilege granted by Tesla to test full self driving process and is NOT something you pay for.

Obtuse conflation pole. FSD Capability package is what you buy. FSD Beta is privilege granted by Tesla to test full self driving process and is NOT something you pay for.

This really depends on when you purchased. Over the years, Tesla has changed what they describe FSD to be - a lot.

Lets not open up a debate what each one of us thinks FSD is. Instead let the purchasers answer to poll, essentially measuring if they think they received what they paid for.

It never was up for debate. It just wasn’t clearly understood. FSD Capability is what has always been sold, not FSD. For anyone expecting FSD with the subscription or the one time purchase, it wasn’t Tesla that misinformed them. FSD beta was never communicated as what we paid for, no matter when one purchased/subscribed.

Sorry to say, but you are misinformed: please review materials Tesla used in 2017Q3 to sell FSD.

This should not be possible, should it?

"My car does not have hardware needed for FSD beta"

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 1.30.53 PM.png

This should not be possible, should it?

"My car does not have hardware needed for FSD beta"

View attachment 797410
That refers to cars manufactured today. Older models had previous hardware versions (such as HW1 and HW2) which cannot handle FSD today. However, purchasing FSD in full should grant you access to upgraded hardware when it's released. You'll see posts here about people getting camera upgrades and CPU upgrades for FSD.

That refers to cars manufactured today. Older models had previous hardware versions (such as HW1 and HW2) which cannot handle FSD today. However, purchasing FSD in full should grant you access to upgraded hardware when it's released. You'll see posts here about people getting camera upgrades and CPU upgrades for FSD.
That's completely backwards, that's an old screen shot. Cars sold between late 2016 and April 2019 had all the hardware needed for full self-driving.
FSD today is different. Here's the new wording, safety greater than a human driver is no longer promised nor is autonomous operation.

1650924618339.png

I still hope this is possible, still waiting for my camera upgrades.. god only knows if FSD Beta will be approved on MCU1 cars..

That's completely backwards, that's an old screen shot. Cars sold between late 2016 and April 2019 had all the hardware needed for full self-driving.
FSD today is different. Here's the new wording, safety greater than a human driver is no longer promised nor is autonomous operation.

View attachment 797434
Just because they have a website and can update does not make it so, what the previous snapshot shows is what was sold at that time!.

Sorry to say, but you are misinformed: please review materials Tesla used in 2017Q3 to sell FSD.
I did a quick search of 2017 Q3 earnings press release, shareholder deck, and SEC filing. I don’t see FSD being sold, just FSD Capability. Or if we’re talking about hardware, we purchased and got the HW3 upgrade for free (included) as promised 2 years later (in 2020).

Tesla should upgrade all FSD cars before they release FSD
Again, Tesla hasn’t released FSD. FSD Capability was a package (and now subscription) with stated features, and future included features. FSD beta is NOT what we purchased. It’s a limited release preview/evaluation to help testing.

I did a quick search of 2017 Q3 earnings press release, shareholder deck, and SEC filing. I don’t see FSD being sold, just FSD Capability. Or if we’re talking about hardware, we purchased and got the HW3 upgrade for free (included) as promised 2 years later (in 2020).

Again, Tesla hasn’t released FSD. FSD Capability was a package (and now subscription) with stated features, and future included features. FSD beta is NOT what we purchased. It’s a limited release preview/evaluation to help testing.
I wasn't making a legal claim. I was just saying it's messed up that the people who bought FSD first don't get to participate in the beta (unless they pay for MCU2 out of pocket and were lucky enough to be chosen for the camera upgrade before they stopped adding new beta testers).

Please go on: I am sure you'll find Tesla marketing materials from the period, they are easily available - even can be found on this forum.

Please go on: I am sure you'll find Tesla marketing materials from the period, they are easily available - even can be found on this forum.
So I checked archive.org for 2017 Q3 captures of Tesla's site and again I still see the wording, "have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver". I know the wording has been tweaked here and there, but that still seems in line with what many of us keep saying (they're using carefully crafted marketing speak, but the misconceptions are driven by others).