Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you received FSD you paid for?

If you have paid for FSD (purchase or subscription), did you receive it?

• Yes - I got FSD with features I expected and am satisfied

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Got FSD beta and it is useful, but still not complete / everything I paid for

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • Got FSD beta and it is/was not useful

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • Waiting to get into FSD beta - my safety score should be sufficient

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • Waiting to get into FSD beta, but my safety score is not good enough

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I do not want to play with safety scores, so no FSD beta for me

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • My car does not have hardware needed for FSD beta

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • FSD beta is not available in my country/region

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Other reason for not receiving FSD I purchased

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then don't buy it - or if you think its so egregious - sue. Not sure what's the point of whining here ;)

ps : I mean .... minimal homework would definitely show how delayed FSD has been for any prospective buyers. So, anyone buying now should already know to expect delays.

Almost every company offers a 30 day money back guarantee for a reason. When you read the description of FSD listed on Tesla’s website, it uses grand terminology to describe how great FSD is. You can hardly blame someone for buying the feature expecting it to be reliable to some extent. And it definitely takes more than 48 hours to allow someone a reasonable time to test out all the individual features

Imagine if Costco’s return policy was, if you don’t like it, just sue 🤣

Almost every company offers a 30 day money back guarantee for a reason. When you read the description of FSD listed on Tesla’s website, it uses grand terminology to describe how great FSD is. You can hardly blame someone for buying the feature expecting it to be reliable to some extent. And it definitely takes more than 48 hours to allow someone a reasonable time to test out all the individual features
Sure. They can add more time for money back period. Alternatively, they should let people try out one month subscription for free or much reduced cost.

Tesla used to have one week or 15 days free trial of AP/FSD. They can bring that back too.

But note that - none of these would allow people to test FSD Beta until it goes wide.

Costco used to have return anytime policy - but a few years back they changed it because of rampant customer fraud.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jane4 and 2101Guy
Based on Tesla Customer Support - The only feature in FSD package that has not been delivered is "autosteer on city streets", thats it ! (No matter when you had purchase FSD and whatever definitions Tesla might have used at that time)
That “only feature” is kind of a big deal. What about summon? Are we no longer required to watch the car during a summon across a parking lot?

That’s about what I’d expect from customer support.

We can’t seem to make it more clear, but the language had confused people and continued to perpetuate misunderstandings. Tesla has only sold EAP, FSD Capability, and had an early limited release (not sold) FSD beta.

Perhaps one more time of explaining will help: Imagine if you paid for everything up front like we did (instead of subscribing or paying later). Tesla never claimed to sell FSD. We understood that Tesla was selling features to come in the future and locking in the price we paid ($3k & $5k for a total of $8k for EAP and FSD Capability). FSD is what is (and was always) promised to come. It has never been sold yet. EAP and FSD Capability are what have been sold.
This is just wrong…. Not trying to be rude or start an internet argument. But all 2018 Tesla Model 3s were sold as having been built and delivered with the necessary hardware to achieve full self driving. This was part of the product reveal in 2016. Watch it on YouTube.

You are talking about future promises, I am referring to the promised capabilities of the hardware.

And also there has to be a time when Tesla delivers on FSD as a final and finished product. This beta nonsense can’t continue indefinitely. If it continues indefinitely it should be called what it is, a scam.

I think this is a much bigger problem than people realize.

I can think of three scenarios where two of them are pretty common. All three currently impact products I bought.

1.) A manufacture releases a product that has known bugs/issues, but does so because they feel like they can fix in SW. So they tell any customer that complains to be patient, and wait for an update. In the two cases that impact me both manufactures extended the return time when I threatened to return the product. That way I could still return it if I was unhappy with the product after the update.

2.) A manufacture releases a product missing a few features, but then promises that those features will drop soon. But, the soon turns into 6+ months past the promised date. In this particular case I had to order the product before being feature complete because they had a free lifetime subscription if ordered within 30 days. So I couldn't wait till the product was really ready to order it.

3.) To drive interest and attachment to a product a manufacture will tout how amazing a products potential is. This causes people to hold onto a product for a long time thinking that just around the corner that amazing stuff might come. But, that stuff never comes so eventually they feel like they've been duped. That they would have sold a long time ago if the manufacture had simply been honest the potential in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve
I used AP on surface streets all the time just fine and it never affected my safety score, just like Tesla states.

Yeah, what they're actually experiencing is the result of being scored over so much fewer miles as all the AP miles were excluded from the safety score calculation.

When I did the safety score I inverted when I normally use AP and when I normally drive manually.

That way AP absorbed all the "ugh, this person cut me off" and "crap, that light is going yellow"

When there wasn't much traffic I simply found someone to follow behind by a good number of car lengths, but where the computer still saw them.

Then don't buy it - or if you think its so egregious - sue. Not sure what's the point of whining here ;)

ps : I mean .... minimal homework would definitely show how delayed FSD has been for any prospective buyers. So, anyone buying now should already know to expect delays.
The point of whining is to alert and educate all potential FSD buyers regarding Tesla’s and charlatan’s fraud marketing whether tesla Stan’s or shills like it or not 🤷‍♂️

We can’t seem to make it more clear, but the language had confused people and continued to perpetuate misunderstandings. Tesla has only sold EAP, FSD Capability, and had an early limited release (not sold) FSD beta.

Perhaps one more time of explaining will help: Imagine if you paid for everything up front like we did (instead of subscribing or paying later). Tesla never claimed to sell FSD. We understood that Tesla was selling features to come in the future and locking in the price we paid ($3k & $5k for a total of $8k for EAP and FSD Capability). FSD is what is (and was always) promised to come. It has never been sold yet. EAP and FSD Capability are what have been sold.
That is exactly why I did not purchase FSD initially and only EAP. I only started subscribing in Dec 2021 when Elon made it clear, in the months before, that anyone with a 99 or 100 safety score would get it. However it's been months and I still don't have it despite maintaining a 99+ score.

The other part you are not understanding is that when I purchased my car it was stated as having all the hardware to be FSD capable. If that was the case why did I need to pay an addition $1000 to make it FSD capable?

Reactions: Battpower
I used AP on surface streets all the time just fine and it never affected my safety score, just like Tesla states.
AP also does not positively contribute to your score. So if you use it all the time, and then need to intervene once, your score is really messed up, then you need to drive around for ages to fix it. However if you never use AP on city streets then you are accumulating positive results, so that if there is a case you need to brake hard, e.g. someone cutting in front of you, it likely has little impact since you gained a bunch of positive braking during the day.

Based on Tesla Customer Support - The only feature in FSD package that has not been delivered is "autosteer on city streets", thats it ! (No matter when you had purchase FSD and whatever definitions Tesla might have used at that time)
Well, they are wrong. Hopefully Tesla will be sued and end up losing so many times over that they will be forced to stop scamming customers. They have already set a troubling precedent for what is acceptable in car sales (at least in US) and other vendors are following.

Last edited:
I think this is a much bigger problem than people realize.

I'll add another (non-Tesla) example:

I took a Polestar 2 for a test-drive today. Overall it feels quite nice and the Google made OS is way more modern than what I have in my Model S. Learning from Tesla, I do not want to repeat the experience of car HW becoming outdated compared to my iPhone over the years. Thus Apple Car Play is a must have.

Polestar has been making promises of Car Play shipping in a few months since last year. Unfortunately the timelines keeps shifting. If I would purchase their car (there is a car in inventory) expecting Car Play feature to ship in July (current expectation), would there be any practical way of me holding the manufacturer accountable if delays go on for years? Unfortunately not.

Last edited:
Costco used to have return anytime policy - but a few years back they changed it because of rampant customer fraud.

Wrong.​

Costco Return Policy: Know Before You Go

The ground rule when it comes to Costco’s refund policy is that you can basically return anything, at any time, no questions asked

Reactions: momo3605 and am_dmd

Wrong.​

The ground rule when it comes to Costco’s refund policy is that you can basically return anything, at any time, no questions asked

This is absolutely correct. Just returned an item that was a year old which was bought from Costco online. Yes I paid more to buy at Costco but their return policy is simply amazing. Returned it due to product defect and no questions asked.
Tesla customer service is a joke in comparison. It’s not even in the same league.

My experience is somewhere between 1 and 2 because I have the FSD beta and it works to my satisfaction.

After I got my car with EAP, I started realizing how difficult the full "FSD" objective is. Everyone underestimated the complexity, and nobody has been able to get there yet. There's no "fraud" here, THAT's an emotional issue. So I stopped whining and started fully enjoying what I had.

At this point I know it very well. I have adapted to a new way of driving. I make very good use of it on every drive, and find it very useful. As a developer - engineer I'm OK with the limitations of all systems under development, and with the inevitably tedious rate of progress on unprecedented tasks. The last, say, 3% takes most of the effort. And the progress is there. It IS unfortunate that not all of the most disciplined and cautious drivers who want it have the FSD Beta right now.

Bottom line, I'm loving everything about the car, especially the automation. Tonight I said "navigate to the nearest Sushi restaurant". It presented a list, I tapped on one, and it drove me there. Step back a bit: it's amazing SciFi material. What's the beef?

Reactions: Yelobird
Obtuse conflation poll. FSD Capability package is what you buy. FSD Beta is privilege granted by Tesla to test full self driving process and is NOT something you pay for.
I guess when we paid 10 grand for the FSD in 2020, we actually expected to get what we paid for. I feel that we were lied to and cheated and wonder how it is Tesla continues to misrepresent what folk will be getting.

My experience is somewhere between 1 and 2 because I have the FSD beta and it works to my satisfaction.

After I got my car with EAP, I started realizing how difficult the full "FSD" objective is. Everyone underestimated the complexity, and nobody has been able to get there yet. There's no "fraud" here, THAT's an emotional issue. So I stopped whining and started fully enjoying what I had.

At this point I know it very well. I have adapted to a new way of driving. I make very good use of it on every drive, and find it very useful. As a developer - engineer I'm OK with the limitations of all systems under development, and with the inevitably tedious rate of progress on unprecedented tasks. The last, say, 3% takes most of the effort. And the progress is there. It IS unfortunate that not all of the most disciplined and cautious drivers who want it have the FSD Beta right now.

Bottom line, I'm loving everything about the car, especially the automation. Tonight I said "navigate to the nearest Sushi restaurant". It presented a list, I tapped on one, and it drove me there. Step back a bit: it's amazing SciFi material. What's the be
I am glad you are having a wonderful experience. The "beef" comes from those us who expected to have a product to make driving safer and easier. As older folk, we don't drive enough to get the Beta--tried that and never could get beyond a score in the 90's, so we dropped out of that trial. I think money should be refunded to those of us who are not able--for whatever reason--to experience the FSD . Ten grand is alot for just a "capability".

Wrong.​

Have you tried returning computers ?

ps : Don’t shout. Basic etiquette.

Reactions: Ciaopec