Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you received your Model Y event invitation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine, and surprisingly was able to get flight & hotel booked without having to sell a kidney. Also tacked on another day to check out LA while I'm in town.

Half of me thinks they did the short notice to try to get less people to join, but it looks like it's going to be at the same place as the Model 3 reveal, which had a ton of people attending it. It would be awesome if they debuted the pickup prototype at the Y event the way they debut the roadster at the 3 reveal, but I wouldn't put any money on that.

.. At least Elon made it clear that you can opt to push your invite to the pickup event if you can't make the Y one.
If and when invites get sent out, and if anyone has a +1, I'd love to go! I can drive us, buy dinner, do 500 pushups...
Can anyone provide confirmation of the above claim? I received the invite but I'm conflicted: have been awaiting the pickup for years; not 10000% completely interested in the Y; most crucially Jenny is having wisdom teeth pulled and she Weally Down't Wan To Be Awound Otha Peopew :( just after that

Last edited:
Event is now full.

24B768B5-E999-4696-98D8-2F14611945C5.png

I got my invite last night at 11:07pm. The location is roughly 100 miles from me (so not around the corner but not that far) but with this being:

a) in the middle of the work week with me having a lot going on there and
b) that 100 mile drive could take me 3 hours with traffic and
c) I have to be at work the next morning

I was debating on if I could get work stuff covered etc. Wife also has an appointment first thing friday morning so no hotel stay down there.. would have had to come back in the traffic after the event. I was going to "think on it" this weekend, but looks like that decision is taken from me with the event being full. I hope that the "invitation to a future event" thing will still come to me, since they invited me to this one but I didnt RSVP (so did not attempt to accept the award).

The event was reported as full. So therefore, not even the invitation holders can’t even go at this point
Still worth contacting Tesla - there's a wait list. Back in the day, when event invites were general owner pool first come first serve, I contacted customer service asking if I could could be put on a wait list in case someone cancelled. Sure enough, someone did. Did that twice before event invites became referral rewards.

Anyone get an email after 11PM last night? I’m supposed to get an invite according to the referral program but have yet to see an email. I’m local and can make it so I’d love to go, been checking my spam folder every 5 minutes but haven’t seen an email yet ... if anyone can’t make it and wants to give away a spot I’d love to go ... no compensation offered other than pictures from the event or any giveaways (like the semi-hat) can be sent to you. PM me if you are feeling generous ...

You add their email and they'll receive an RSVP email, which will allow them to get in even if you are unable to make it.
Thanks, that is also my understanding now. Received tens of emails yesterday but no one replied back. Probably due to the time lag. Since I can not make it to the event I wanted to ask if my invitee could take a personalised foto or even better video from the event that I could show to my children. And of course guarantee that s(he) will attend the event.

So who is going? I'll be there tonight, but it's my first Tesla event.

Any tips and tricks? Parking? Free stuff stations? Free food stations?
Have low expectations. Seriously.

If they are going to be offering Model Y test rides, then you want to get to the event early to get an early number. But if they aren't offering Model Y test rides, then it won't matter.

• Informative
Reactions: remlemasi
Any tips and tricks? Parking? Free stuff stations? Free food stations?

During the Semi unveil they had parking across the street in the Lowe's lot and had shuttle buses that took you to the event. There was a reception area that had an open bar, music and maybe some appetizers being circulated but this area got very crowded very fast. Hopefully they can find some more room for the reception area this time.

Just before the unveil everybody moved into an airplane hangar and the event took place on the runway. After the presentation there were adjacent hangars that had cars on display and buffet style food stations. Test rides were done on the runway. On the way out of the event there was a station handing out a semi hat and a roadster concept sketch.