Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you seen a refreshed Model S/X in person?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That red S looked like it had a more pronounced fender flare just looking at the rear door and 1/4 panel on teh video. Looks flared to me wonder if Plaid cars are getting a bigger wheel/tire package to handle that absurd performance? Sometimes these cars can be deceiving though since they're so sculpted already depending on the light. I would never have guessed they would do anything with the metal parts of the body on these but maybe they were able to justify a new rear fender stamping if it means a little more traction
I have a Model S Refresh LR on order. One of the items listed on the detail section of the order is "Yoke Steering". The order was placed last week and I doubt Tesla would list i Yoke Steering in the order if they didn't intend to deliver the vehicle that way.
When ordeingr the Vehicle I asked the Sales Rep. if there was any difference in Width between the L R and the prior S and she said they were exactly the same.

If the width is exactly the same, I wonder why the cameras on the side fenders are larger. Perhaps it wasn't the rear fenders but new camera tech inside those covers. I looked at mine yesterday, noticed how much smaller they are. Can't wait for owner reviews on this refresh.

Theory #2 for the larger side cameras - the legislation for removing the side mirrors is close to being a reality?
It's definitely possible.

My theory is from an Elon tweet, saying that full Autopilot would be vision-only, no radar. Thus more robust cameras are needed.

I don't know much about self-driving, but I think I'd prefer to have radar included, especially for fog and bad weather.

Reactions: serpico007
It's definitely possible.

My theory is from an Elon tweet, saying that full Autopilot would be vision-only, no radar. Thus more robust cameras are needed.

I don't know much about self-driving, but I think I'd prefer to have radar included, especially for fog and bad weather.
Off topic, but that was an odd tweet. Radar can’t possible hurt. Especially in poor weather, why he’d highlight NOT using it is beyond me.

It’s just odd to me that so many of the “test” ones we see don’t have yokes. That said, I agree that if they have no intention of providing the yoke, they SHOULD remove it from the site. But Tesla rarely does what we think it should...

Since they went chrome delete I think they should have made the side mirrors black too. My local SS manager chrome deleted his red S including the mirror housings and it looks great. He has black wheels too which completes the look

I think I’ve found a pic of the refreshed X interior. No more steering wheel, no more windshield (no more glass to crack!). FSD must be ready for full rollout.
F99721B7-3DC7-4A63-B5F0-F65A78C3DEBD.jpeg

As long as the suit is fireproof, has added padding, the helmet has it's own air supply and is crash-resistant then yeah, one might just survive that situation.
Definitely flameproof and sealed. It would hold some air and provide some protection. Seems like a very well-engineered suit.
And as the whether the helmet is excessive, I never climb into a race car or on a motorcycle without a helmet, and a lot of those are slower than a Tesla.:D

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I stopped by my SC today and had a chance to sit in a refreshed Model S for a millisecond! Here's what I learned:
  • It looks like there's a new UI. You can see from the attached photos that the background can change colors. Also (and I'm just comparing to my MX, so this might already be part of M3 and MY) the fonts seem tighter and lighter (not as chunky).
  • Lots of swiping to move in an out of screens.
  • The screen resolution is much better than my MX for sure! I've never been on a M3 or MY so I don't know how it compares to them.
  • The smart shift override is going to be an icon of the car on the left side of the screen. You swipe it up for forward and down for reverse. I took a quick video of me swiping both ways. You can see it here:
  • There are cloth inserts in the door panels. There is also black shiny plastic trim over the wood trim on the dash and door. Take a look at the attached photos.
  • The side cameras are GINORMOUS! I took a pic of the driver's side camera and one with my two fingers on it for reference of how much they stick out. See attached photos.
  • The horn is not on the center of the steering wheel. It's a soft button on the right. See attached photo.
@elguapo, the answer is YES! Do I win a prize? LOL! :)

Enjoy guys!

Attachments

• new_s_006.jpg
    new_s_006.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 99
  • new_s_005.jpg
    new_s_005.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 110
  • new_s_004.jpg
    new_s_004.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 98
  • new_s_003.jpg
    new_s_003.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 104
  • new_s_001.jpg
    new_s_001.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 95
  • new_s_002.jpg
    new_s_002.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 113
I stopped by my SC today and had a chance to sit in a refreshed Model S for a millisecond! Here's what I learned:
  • It looks like there's a new UI. You can see from the attached photos that the background can change colors. Also (and I'm just comparing to my MX, so this might already be part of M3 and MY) the fonts seem tighter and lighter (not as chunky).
  • The screen resolution is much better than my MX for sure! I've never been on a M3 or MY so I don't know how it compares to them.
  • The smart shift override is going to be an icon of the car on the left side of the screen. You swipe it up for forward and down for reverse. I took a quick video of me swiping both ways. You can see it here:
  • There are cloth inserts in the door panels. There is also black shiny plastic trim over the wood trim on the dash and door. Take a look at the attached photos.
  • The side cameras are GINORMOUS! I took a pic of the driver's side camera and one with my two fingers on it for reference of how much they stick out. See attached photos.
  • The horn is not on the center of the steering wheel. It's a soft button on the right. See attached photo.

Enjoy guys!
Thanks for posting. I saw something similar on twitter today.

I also like the horizontal orientation of the new big center screen. Having a binacle in front of the driver for speed and other displays sure frees up a lot space on the center screen.

Good to see a "normal" steering wheel. The other post said the new yoke had not been approved yet. But would be available for retrofit. It looks like they did make the control buttons on the round and yoke the same.

Reactions: Baxterdown

Enjoy guys!
If it were up to me, you’d win a new X! Finally some good pix. Thank you!!!

Only disappointment is that cloth insert which gives it the perfect “rental car” craptastic look.

What are the prevailing theories on the larger fender camera modules?
1. Heaters?
2. Spray cleaners?
3. Bigger cameras?
4. Radar or other new sensors?
5. Placeholders so the wider fender plaid is at the same width?
6. Fenders are already wider. Cameras have to stick out to see around them.
7. Fashion statement?
8. Something else?

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay