Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you seen the price of petrol lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
YIKES! Yes, I wrote petrol šŸ˜€ As a more universally accepted term. Here in the GTA, it topped $1.76/L the other day. Doing the math to charge up, even at an SC, the Tesla is such a ā€œbargoonā€ to operate When you consider that my partnerā€™s 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring now costs over $75 to fill up with regular coat and.

YIKES! Yes, I wrote petrol šŸ˜€ As a more universally accepted term. Here in the GTA, it topped $1.76/L the other day. Doing the math to charge up, even at an SC, the Tesla is such a ā€œbargoonā€ to operate When you consider that my partnerā€™s 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring now costs over $75 to fill up with regular coat and.
Yeah, I had to top up a rental gas car yesterday as mine was at the SC for service and it cost me over $30 for driving about 150 km....crazy

I've been on the Tesla Train since 2013 or 2014. I think it's fair game to judge people for buying gas guzzlers, but the reality is that fully electric vehicles are still out of reach for many. We should choose our words carefully when we perhaps rightly point out the ridiculousness of the price of gas. Or the many negative externalities involved. The economics today are pretty compelling, but if you changed your mind today and decided that an EV was for you, you're either having to pay a huge premium for a second hand vehicle or wait upwards of a year for delivery. As to not alienate these folks we should continue being empathetic to their situation. Thankfully for all, every EV on the road reduces the demand for gasoline in the mean time.

I'm convinced that the petrol companies are "future charging" the ICE drivers, despite their reserves. They're always crying the blues while the C-Suite execs are raking in ridiculous bonuses. It is so monopolistic.

The opinions expressed here, represent my own, only. šŸ˜
Theyā€™re ā€œbuying oil on speculationā€. Thatā€™s why the price always goes up, and seldom ever comes down. šŸ¤¬

While the recent increase in the cost of gasoline, which was already happening before the Russian invasion, is definitely painful for many, in fact the price of oil is not at an all time high when correctly viewed in inflation adjusted dollars. It was higher from 1979 to 1981 and also in 2008.

BC80F351-EFD8-4763-BCCC-E27F16A3F9D2.jpeg

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Youā€™re lucky. $2.099/L in Vancouver yesterday!

Was just about to say itā€™s $2.10 here , $1.75 sounds like a bargain now

Yes, we have the highest gasoline prices in North America, at least as of a couple of days ago: Metro Vancouver gas prices are now the highest in North America

EDIT: for any of our American friends following this thread, $2.099 CAD per Litre is the equivalent of $6.22 USD per US gallon. (Gotta love being able to type "2.099 cad per litre to usd per US gallon" into Google and having it do all the work for you.)