Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you signed up for TeslaFI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if its worth it to sign up for teslafi.. I like all the stats and #'s it collects and would be nice to see what it is for me atleast for first few months to get an idea. Do you like it? Likes/Dislikes? Also, is there a lot more vampire drain with it connected? Currently, I dont have any vampire drain overnight.

I used it up until about a week ago, 6 weeks or so of use. Vampire drain was around 4.5kWh/day (19 miles for me) even after spending some time tweaking the sleep settings. The range loss wasn't a huge deal as our daily commute is only around 90 miles, but the electricity adds up. Nearly $17/month + the $5/mo for TeslaFi itself. I decided the stats just aren't worth that cost.

• Informative
Reactions: markol and privater
Two ways.

1) In TeslaFi settings, right at the top is a checkbox to disable logging. You can re-enable at any time.

2) Change your Tesla password. That will revoke any API tokens in use. You must put in your Tesla credentials on TeslaFi to get another token.

I used it up until about a week ago, 6 weeks or so of use. Vampire drain was around 4.5kWh/day (19 miles for me) even after spending some time tweaking the sleep settings. The range loss wasn't a huge deal as our daily commute is only around 90 miles, but the electricity adds up. Nearly $17/month + the $5/mo for TeslaFi itself. I decided the stats just aren't worth that cost.

That is a lot of drain. TeslaFi reports only <6 mile loss for me yesterday between sleep and idle times and that is with a hot afternoon in the sun when it keeps waking up and turning on the fan (and this is before having the update with user controlled over heat protection).

Wondering if its worth it to sign up for teslafi.. I like all the stats and #'s it collects and would be nice to see what it is for me atleast for first few months to get an idea. Do you like it? Likes/Dislikes? Also, is there a lot more vampire drain with it connected? Currently, I dont have any vampire drain overnight.

I've been using it for a couple months and like having all the data and being able to check in on the car without using the Tesla App. Just this morning I was clicking through the leader boards, checking the roll out of the latest firmware and looking at my lifetime map. After the trial I felt it was worth the $50 a year to keep using. You can use my username in the referral box to upgrade the trial from 2 weeks to 4 weeks if you feel like trying it out. Just be sure to turn on the basic sleep settings or it will keep your car awake. I have sleep mode enabled with 12 minute "Time to try sleeping" and 10 minute "Idle time before trying to sleep".

• Informative
Reactions: oscarfish
I've been using it for a couple months and like having all the data and being able to check in on the car without using the Tesla App. Just this morning I was clicking through the leader boards, checking the roll out of the latest firmware and looking at my lifetime map. After the trial I felt it was worth the $50 a year to keep using. You can use my username in the referral box to upgrade the trial from 2 weeks to 4 weeks if you feel like trying it out. Just be sure to turn on the basic sleep settings or it will keep your car awake. I have sleep mode enabled with 12 minute "Time to try sleeping" and 10 minute "Idle time before trying to sleep".

Just signed up using your UN as referral. Change the setting to 12 and 10 respectively. Any other changes I should make to make it most informative/efficient?

Just signed up using your UN as referral. Change the setting to 12 and 10 respectively. Any other changes I should make to make it most informative/efficient?

I feel like the 12 minutes to try sleeping is a good amount, seems to always take 11 for me so there is a 1 minute buffer. You'll be able to check this out under the Help tab there is a raw data feed you can check out.

The 10 minute idle time works ok for me, but this is a variable to play with depending on your use case. This will leave the car idling for 10 minutes before starting the "try to sleep cycle", during this time TeslaFi stops polling your vehicle so any drive data during this time will not be recorded. So you can set this time to whatever your normal short errand stops may take. But the longer you make this the less sleep the car may get, especially when it wakes up to cool the interior down multiple times a day.

Other than that just start driving and collecting data!

• Helpful
Reactions: Butane
That is a lot of drain. TeslaFi reports only <6 mile loss for me yesterday between sleep and idle times and that is with a hot afternoon in the sun when it keeps waking up and turning on the fan (and this is before having the update with user controlled over heat protection).
I noticed it does this too. Sounds way better than my results. I'll give your settings a try and see how it goes. Thanks!

I just signed up for TeslaFi 2 weeks ago and love the data it provides me, so I just purchased it for another year. I am a bit worried about the vampire drain, but I'll change the sleep setting a bit to see what happens. I currently lose about 10 miles a day due to vampire drain. My commute is 40 miles RT so it's not killing me.

I just signed up for TeslaFi 2 weeks ago and love the data it provides me, so I just purchased it for another year. I am a bit worried about the vampire drain, but I'll change the sleep setting a bit to see what happens. I currently lose about 10 miles a day due to vampire drain. My commute is 40 miles RT so it's not killing me.
FWIW, i had 0 vampire drain last night with the settings @GregRF mentioned in this post in this thread. Love the data it provided me for yes'day and today's drives so far. I'll probably end up paying full year.

I am hoping they come out with an android App.

I've been using TeslaFi since it was in beta mode (around May 2016), helping James work out a lot of the kinks in the beginning. I love the site so much that I am using it for both my Tesla vehicles. The 3 gets a pretty high amount of vampire drain but I've confirmed with the Service Center that this is a result of the Cabin Overheat Protection being turned on by default coupled with the car being left outside during 100+ degree days so the car is expending energy keeping itself cool which is counted as "vampire drain" (SC used the term parasitic drain in the invoice). I also noticed the same issue was happening with my new S but, when I turned off Cabin Overheat Protection in the Settings, the drain dropped. So you'll likely see most of any vampire drain as a result of the car cooling itself if left outside. On days when the 3 is not baking in the sun, the vampire drain can be anywhere from 1 to 8 miles and the car is able to sleep since it's not always cooling itself.

• Love
Reactions: Insilin
TeslaFi is awesome. As others have stated, make sure to properly set TeslaFi's sleep settings and then vampire loss *due to TeslaFi* will be pretty negligible. You will also see variable loss from cabin and battery management depending on your local weather. It's important to note that not all drain you see while using TeslaFi is caused by TeslaFi.

For clarity, here are the sleep settings I use, which I think mark a fair balance between letting the car sleep and not missing short sequential drives while running errands.

Screenshot_20180725-230535.png

Glad I found this thread. Just signed up for a trial yesterday and when I woke up this morning my car had lost 11 miles of range in 8 hours (I rarely lose any range overnight). Yikes. Looks like my car had never gone to sleep.

I'm going to try some of the suggested sleep settings above. Lots of cool data and if I can get the vampire loss under control this will be a really fun tool.

FWIW, my car seems held awake more by my phone remaining too close than anything else. I parked it at the airport yesterday and it went to sleep at the first TeslaFi interval and has stayed asleep for nearly a day since. So it seems that the TeslaFi settings I described earlier do work.