Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you slept in your car?.... be honest...

Have you slept in your car?

• Yep... proudly and planned on it :)

Votes: 67 41.1%
  • Well... it was supposed to just be a quick nap...

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 70 42.9%
  • I don't do road trips in my Tesla...

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One night and I planned on it. Needed a charge in Ontario and it was the easiest place to sleep for 6 hours. Also planned to do so on the NY Thruway that same trip but decided to drive late into the evening when my energy usage was lower than expected.

Done it a few times, but not as an alternative to going in a hotel. It was always on longer road trips where I just got to the point where I was too tired to drive safe and slept for a few hours. No need to waste time looking for hotels when I need just an extended nap. Once there was no Supercharger so I had to charge for several hours on a longer trip. So I planned it that way that I would plug in and sleep there for 4 hours.

I took a nice long hour and half nap between sessions at a driving event last fall - the Maryhill Loops tour with the local Audi club. Great thing was I could leave the A/C running the whole time. Quite comfy. Everyone walking by got a big kick out of seeing it, too.

I have slept in the car a few times while charging (Winthrop WA, Golden BC and Ellensburg WA) for no more than 2.5 hours. It was not overly comfortable, but I think that's because I'm a taller guy and had insufficient padding. The slope created by the second row seats is irritating. I would expect that with proper mattressing it would be OK.

Slept in the Roadster for two days during a long range roads rally (E-Mazing race)...
In the ROADSTER?! :eek:
You're a real trooper.
I have napped numerous times in the S. Very comfortable for short durations in the front seat reclined and also 'tilted' back (I've only recently found this adjustability after 2 years of ownership and used to just recline). Never had to spend overnight in my car, but then I don't have to cover long distances either being on an island.

Either a trooper or just plain nutz...my wife hasn't decided yet ;-)

I prefer to think it was tenacity...I really wanted to win! :biggrin:

Seriously though, if you do find you have to sleep in the car in the car (upright in the seats), take one of those airplane "neck pillows" with you...they work very well in the car!

In the ROADSTER?! :eek:
You're a real trooper.
I have napped numerous times in the S. Very comfortable for short durations in the front seat reclined and also 'tilted' back (I've only recently found this adjustability after 2 years of ownership and used to just recline). Never had to spend overnight in my car, but then I don't have to cover long distances either being on an island.

Sleep In A Tesla For $85 On Airbnb - Business Insider

tesla-airbnb-3.png