Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you used RPM Tesla's Noice Reduction Kits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone installed RPM Tesla's Noice Reduction kit for the doors, pillars, trunk and Frunk? What is used is the foam strips that go around the edges.

Along with RPM's Trunk and Frunk Noise Reduction kit that is a padding on the ceiling of each.

If you have, notice any difference?

I notice in my 2021 M3 that occasionally the driver's window will sound a bit windy, and rolling it *down* just the tiniest nudge will quiet it... which says to me that the seals aren't seated well or made well.

Perhaps aftermarket seals would make a big difference. Haven't tried them myself though.

I notice in my 2021 M3 that occasionally the driver's window will sound a bit windy, and rolling it *down* just the tiniest nudge will quiet it... which says to me that the seals aren't seated well or made well.

Perhaps aftermarket seals would make a big difference. Haven't tried them myself though.

It's more likely that your window needs to be adjusted so it presses more against the seal and that it's lined up correctly. The windows are easily adjustable once the door panel is removed, which isn't too hard and lots of videos showing the process.

The aftermarket seals will not do anything to help with a window that is not pressed correctly against the seal. Their seals don't even go near the windows.

I noticed the exact same thing on the driver side window. It seems to have resolved to the point where lowering it a little bit no longer helps. But it really seems very noisy. I wish there were some highly regarded aftermarket kits. It really is a noisy interior.

Driving my Model S back to back with the Model 3, I have come to the conclusion that somehow the engineers at Tesla designed into the Model 3 a lot road noise. They are very similar cars in design, but the Model S is like butter compared to the harsh, crashing and noisy ride of the Model 3. Yes, the Model S has air suspension, but lots of luxury cars with springs ride like butter, so that can't be the reason.

I was also having this issue. Seemed to get worse with colder weather. Had a mobile tech come to my house and replace the entire door seal for free, and the issue is now completely resolved. Nudging the window down was really annoying.

Driving my Model S back to back with the Model 3, I have come to the conclusion that somehow the engineers at Tesla designed into the Model 3 a lot road noise. They are very similar cars in design, but the Model S is like butter compared to the harsh, crashing and noisy ride of the Model 3. Yes, the Model S has air suspension, but lots of luxury cars with springs ride like butter, so that can't be the reason.
I fully attribute the stiff and noisy ride of the M3 to the fact that they were working hard to keep costs down. There was no way the MS would have competed with other $70-90K cars with an M3 type ride, even with it's early electric cachet.