Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you used SJC EV Parking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure you never park a car with expired tags or anything like that, the local police go through and ticket cars regularly, not sure if they go after the missing front license plate thing, someone else might know.

Nothing worse than coming back after a long trip and find out you have a ticket because you didn't put an updated reg sticker on your car before you left!

I fly a lot out of SJC and was wondering if anyone has used the dedicated EV parking in lot 5 next to terminal 2. Are the spaces always full and are they wide enough for a Model S? Any other safe parking options around SJC?
Thanks in advance!
"Terminal 2" instead of "Terminal B"? Are you sure you aren't thinking of SFO? ;)

The only EV charging spots I've seen are in the hourly lot, so you wouldn't really be able to leave your car parked there during a trip. According to a previous thread, airport management is looking into options for EV charging in long-term, er, "economy" parking, but it's not there yet. Haven't used any off-airport lots in the area so can't comment on those. My experience has been that either the trip is short enough to not worry about losing a handful of miles while not plugged in, or it's more than a week, in which case I line up other transportation and leave the Model S plugged in at home.

I did some quick googling just now and according to this review, there are 20A 120V outlets "all over the place, on every level" of the Terminal A hourly parking garage. So if you want to pay $30/day for the privilege, you could plug into one of those and then take the shuttle bus over to Terminal B. Haven't done it so I won't recommend it, but I'll be picking up family at Terminal A over the holidays and will scope out the situation then.

Last edited: