Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you used the PSEG program to get your charger installed, in New Jersey?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have any of you used this program from PSEG in new jersey - Electric Vehicle Program - PSE&G

it says - "Customers are eligible for an on-bill credit of up to $1,500 per charger toward the cost of upgrading Customer Side Make Ready (CSMR) assets for the installation of a residential Level 2 smart charger."

there is also a 2 cent rebate which will not work with tesla wall charger.

but does the does the 1500 credit work with a tesla chargers or are you using a non-tesla charger? if so, which non tesla charge is best out there for a M3.

The rebate only works with approved chargers. I installed the ChargePoint charger, one of the two available choices. It works perfectly fine and I’d recommend it. Rebate process was mildly painful (with the fear that the funds would run out before they finished administering the payment).
Rebate covers unit and installation cost, up to limit

… approved smart charger list for off-peak credit qualification only:

• ChargePoint residential and commercial Level 2 smart chargers
  • ChargePoint software (ABB)
  • JuiceBox (EnelX) residential and commercial Level 2 smart chargers
Source Electric Vehicle Program - PSE&G (JCP&L has different webpage but similar terms)

Last edited:
Takes a while, add extra time off all your paperwork isn’t perfect. Probably three months Call them and ask to follow up and what extra information might be needed. Representatives were very helpful

I’m having some serious issues with PSE&G and the rebate submission. Basically after submitting the request for a new electrical load form, Construction is claiming that there needs to be a service upgrade to install a new transformer. So I thought, fine, PSE&G covers $5,000 of behind the meter improvements. But it turns out that the cost they want me to pay is $3,000, and that’s after the reduction of $5,000.

The whole thing is crazy, especially as I have solar and therefore don’t use all that much electricity from the grid during peak periods. I’m waiting for a call back from a supervisor but it sounds like they’re not forcing me to do the work but then I lose out on getting the rebate for the $1160 I spent on getting my home charger installed. Ultimately I’m not really sure why I should be responsible for upgrading their transformer when I use less electricity than everyone on my block, even after the EV charger installation. And that doesn’t even get to the crazy cost of $8,000 for the new transformer.

I’m having some serious issues with PSE&G and the rebate submission. Basically after submitting the request for a new electrical load form, Construction is claiming that there needs to be a service upgrade to install a new transformer. So I thought, fine, PSE&G covers $5,000 of behind the meter improvements. But it turns out that the cost they want me to pay is $3,000, and that’s after the reduction of $5,000.

The whole thing is crazy, especially as I have solar and therefore don’t use all that much electricity from the grid during peak periods. I’m waiting for a call back from a supervisor but it sounds like they’re not forcing me to do the work but then I lose out on getting the rebate for the $1160 I spent on getting my home charger installed. Ultimately I’m not really sure why I should be responsible for upgrading their transformer when I use less electricity than everyone on my block, even after the EV charger installation. And that doesn’t even get to the crazy cost of $8,000 for the new transformer.
Wow. You should not be responsible for transformer upgrade used by the whole block.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer