Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Haven’t even seen or driven the Tesla I bought for 2 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup.. it’s true. Paid for a car about two months ago I still haven’t even seen in person :(

let me explain,
Well, I’m currently on a “one year” tour in Korea and was supposed to be home by now. Wife and I was trying to plan this buy out where it would be delivered just before I got home from tour. We decided a few months ago to pull the trigger on a performance Model 3 sooner then later to get it before US deliveries ended at the end of the quarter. A couple weeks after placing the order, it was ready for delivery! Was super excited even tho it was showing up a bit earlier then expected. But didn’t really matter since I was expected to return in about a few weeks. Wife picks up the car, sends me some pictures of our new beautiful baby lol and all was well... until CORONA... military was the first to place a stop movement order and the entire military in the first time in history has came to a screaming halt! About cried when I saw my report orders back home had adjusted by 60 days... well, that extended time has about passed and BOOM! Woke up one day to hear they extended again.. another 60 days on top.. no real end in sight.. stuck way past my time, new car just sitting In the garage with less then 100 miles on it for months now and months more ahead... payments still being made. Life has a funny way to inconvenience our life’s and who knows, I might be lucky to see the car (of course my family as well lol) by Xmas at this rate

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up
That's terrible- I'm sorry you're stuck away AND can't see your car (or wife)! Thank you for serving the Country adn your sacrifce. If it makes it ANY better, I am sort of kind of almost in the same position. I bought on 1/2/2020, took non-personal delivery on 3/25 but have been on shelter in place lock down since 3/15 therefore I've gotten to drive less than 200 mph. But when you get home, you have a beautiful spaceship waiting for you!

It sucks, buying a car that I can’t even step foot in yet :( only thing its good for right now is being the most sexist dust collector lol
However, it may be one of the few Tesla’s produce in 2020 if Tesla doesn’t go back online soon haha

Can you at least "play" with your new baby remotely using your phone?
Like moving up and down the windows...check the charge and updates...

I recently get the 3.0 FSD and last 2010.12.6 but my camera is still calibrating...
Just going for grocery shopping for the past month don't seem enough to complete the calibration.

Thank you for your service, and stay safe and healthy.
Did you get chance to study the Korean language?

Last edited: