Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Haven’t heard anything from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of years ago, when I purchased a 2015 Subaru Outback. I received welcome letters from Subaru, a subscription to theIr magazine highlighting destinations , a nice pull over, a backpack and finally an offer to donate to a charity instead of receiving more gifts. When I picked up my 2020 Tesla Model 3 two months ago, I was told at my touchless delivery that the car was over at the supercharger and see you later. Haven’t heard anything from Tesla since, maybe one email. What gives with this company? Are they not interested in building a long-term relationship with a buyer, I really felt welcomed by Subaru but I feel totally neglected by Tesla.

It’s supply and demand.
Tesla cannot build cars fast enough to keep up with the demand. They are spending all of their money, time and effort on manufacturing. No need to waste time and effort on people who already bought a car when there is a 4-8 week back order for people saying “please take my money.”

All other car manufacturers have lots full of cars they are selling with 72 month 0% interest offers.

Reactions: NpOverspeed
A couple of years ago, when I purchased a 2015 Subaru Outback. I received welcome letters from Subaru, a subscription to theIr magazine highlighting destinations , a nice pull over, a backpack and finally an offer to donate to a charity instead of receiving more gifts. When I picked up my 2020 Tesla Model 3 two months ago, I was told at my touchless delivery that the car was over at the supercharger and see you later. Haven’t heard anything from Tesla since, maybe one email. What gives with this company? Are they not interested in building a long-term relationship with a buyer, I really felt welcomed by Subaru but I feel totally neglected by Tesla.

True, I was a Subaru Ambassador and have been a Subaru customer since I started driving and they had/have lots of customer outreach. They have cut back a lot but they still have the magazine and gifts for buying a Subaru.

It’s supply and demand.
Tesla cannot build cars fast enough to keep up with the demand. They are spending all of their money, time and effort on manufacturing. No need to waste time and effort on people who already bought a car when there is a 4-8 week back order for people saying “please take my money.”

All other car manufacturers have lots full of cars they are selling with 72 month 0% interest offers.

I ordered on July 11, 2020 and was told 4-8 weeks. Heard nothing til yesterday (08/11/2020), I got a txt message "Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 4-7 weeks from today. We'll continue to provide updates as your estimated timing gets closer. Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction."

I ordered on July 11, 2020 and was told 4-8 weeks. Heard nothing til yesterday (08/11/2020), I got a txt message "Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 4-7 weeks from today. We'll continue to provide updates as your estimated timing gets closer. Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction."
I ordered my AWD Model 3 on July 7th and yesterday Aug 10th my Adviser said another 3 - 6 weeks, then about an hour later yesterday I got a Text update from Tesla that also said another 4 - 7 weeks. The nature of the times we live in.

For what it’s worth, I do believe they are interested in a long term relationship- but not through swag, phone calls, or emails. Instead, they continue to release new features for the car you already purchased. This is a pretty big differentiator from traditional auto manufacturers.

At least in my case, I would much rather things like added features etc, than another mug I wont use, or a T-shirt I likely wont wear.

Reactions: bpjones