Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Haven’t seen this in years...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David99

Supporting Member
Jan 31, 2014
Nomad (mostly US)
plugged in today at San Clemente Supercharger and got a full 120kW! It only lasted for a short moment but still, I have not seen this for a very long time. My battery was nice and toasty (47 C) from driving fast. Nice to see that on a battery that has 175k miles on it

03EA2C11-0CD7-4EB7-B2F8-0E5417ECAFD0.jpeg

120KW is nice but the MPH charge rate seems low?? I Normally see north of 300MPH for the first 5-10 min. or so.

As others have asked it'd be nice to know what your 100% SOC rated range is?? I'm down to about 258 mi. @ 72K miles on a 2012 S85

120KW is nice but the MPH charge rate seems low?? I Normally see north of 300MPH for the first 5-10 min. or so.
I can answer this one. MPH charge rate on the display is an average over the duration of the charge session. Since supercharging starts at a low kw rate and ramps up, and OP only has 1 mile added in that photo, the image was taken before the average went up very far.
This is also why it displays a high MPH rate when you supercharge over 90%; even though you know that under 20kw does not get you over 60 MPH charge rate.