Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Having 21" uberturbines swapped to 19" at America's Tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm swapping my MYP 21" Uberturbines to 19" Gemini wheels. Already purchased the 19" wheels w/ aero caps, but will need a new set of tires to go with this. I'm planning on getting my tires (Michelin Pilot Sport AS4) at America's Tire. Do you guys know if as part of the tire installation, they will remove the existing 21" Uberturbines set (wheel + tire) and install the Gemini wheel with the new tires? I would call them to find out but they're closed today.

I'm swapping my MYP 21" Uberturbines to 19" Gemini wheels. Already purchased the 19" wheels w/ aero caps, but will need a new set of tires to go with this. I'm planning on getting my tires (Michelin Pilot Sport AS4) at America's Tire. Do you guys know if as part of the tire installation, they will remove the existing 21" Uberturbines set (wheel + tire) and install the Gemini wheel with the new tires? I would call them to find out but they're closed today.
America's tires will sell you the correct tires for your Tesla Performance Model Y, mount the tires on any wheels you have as long as they are the correct wheel size, bolt pattern (pitch circle diameter (PCD)), gross axle weight rating for each wheel and wheel offset for the vehicle. The tires will need a W or Y speed rating as a V speed rating (149 MPH) is too low for the Performance Model Y's 155 MPH top speed.

America's Tires will need the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors before they can mount the tires on the Gemini wheels. Are you planning to transfer the TPMS sensors from the 21" wheels to the 19" Gemini wheels or did you purchase TPMS sensors from Tesla ($75 ea.) from the Tesla store? America's Tires would probably charge you to dismount the existing tires from the 21" wheels and move the TPMS sensors to the 19" wheels.

Be sure to purchase the extended warranty ($37 per tire) so that if you ever have a puncture or other tire damage America's Tire will repair or replace the damaged tire at no cost.

Last edited:
Sure would be nice if Tesla offered the "STEALTH" Performance MY again. I want to trade up to a PMY, the first thing I'll do after delivery is to remove the 21" OEM tires/wheels and replace them with some 19's.

I figure about 2 months before my EDD I'll start looking for some 19" Apollo wheels, buy new TMPS' from Tesla, and tires as needed. I'll then sell the OEM 21's as a complete set as NEW TAKE OFF's with very few miles. With any luck, I'll be able to do this for very little out of pocket.