Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Having a hard time planning a trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone! Lots of great tips here and I really appreciate it. I'm pretty dorky on this stuff and I don't mind running the calculations myself. I mostly just wondered if there was an elegant solution out there. I guess not!

I think we're going to be fine. My wife's a little nervous, but I'm convinced it's going to be great. As the driver, I'm a little selfish in wanting to use AP, hence my preference for the Tesla over our ICE minivan.

Ya gotta let your wife experience driving your car! Her apprehensions will vanish, and you both will have a wonderful time. When we took our first road trip in ours in June of 2014, we awakened to the fact that driving was never more relaxed, as we knew we had to stop every 2 hours or so for a charge. We suddenly weren't frantically trying to make another 100 miles late in the afternoon, or timing our refueling stops for driver changes.

Evtripplanner.com is very reliable as a starting point. Just use the configuration for a 60 and you'll be very safe.

We used it to start our trip from Southern California to Maine in the beginning of summer (TMC Thread) (start of trip).

I'm reading your entire blog right now, lol... Really enjoying it! Looks like a fun trip.

(On a side note, I drove the 15 to Vegas a couple days ago... HATE that road! Too much traffic and it stops in the middle of the desert for no reason, ha. I stopped at Primm to use the restroom and walked over to the Supercharger. Sadly, it was cold so I didn't get to strike up a conversation with any Tesla owners. :( )

Thanks for the blog! Really nice.

I'm reading your entire blog right now, lol... Really enjoying it! Looks like a fun trip.

(On a side note, I drove the 15 to Vegas a couple days ago... HATE that road! Too much traffic and it stops in the middle of the desert for no reason, ha. I stopped at Primm to use the restroom and walked over to the Supercharger. Sadly, it was cold so I didn't get to strike up a conversation with any Tesla owners. :( )

Thanks for the blog! Really nice.

Glad you enjoyed it... I'm a little behind on posting... After the holidays