Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Having a Kenriko Tesla Model 3 Matte Black Console Wrap Kit Professionally installed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who would i go about asking to install this for me? I tried doing this myself and i failed pretty quickly so i want someone professional to do it.

Attachments

• 41+LGCUW8sL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    41+LGCUW8sL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 205
how did you fail? i am awful at this sort of thing and even i was able to install it...plus he'll send you a replacement for free if you screw it up. i'd give it another shot before just giving up and paying someone hundreds of dollars to do it...

Reactions: fseir
I bought a kit with the intent of installing it myself, but my PPF installer said he would do it for me (no charge). My recommendation is to find a good detailer who installs paint protection film and has worked on Model 3s. Chances are they have already installed a bunch of these things and if you plan on getting other work done, like PPF, ceramic coating or window tinting, they may install the console kit for you for free.

Reactions: cusman
Any vinyl shop will wrap the center console and cut the pieces to size as they're installing. If you're having a professional install a wrap, do not bring your own wrap. That's like buying supplies for a plumber, electrician, or mechanic. Installers have vendors they deal with regularly, they get better pricing, and they can do this work in minutes.

Reactions: malciv
Any vinyl shop will wrap the center console and cut the pieces to size as they're installing. If you're having a professional install a wrap, do not bring your own wrap. That's like buying supplies for a plumber, electrician, or mechanic. Installers have vendors they deal with regularly, they get better pricing, and they can do this work in minutes.

The shop I went to was more than happy to do my dash and center console using their own materials. When I asked if they could do the doors they said it would've been more difficult to do. I ended up doing the Kenriko door trim myself and showed my installer the work I did. They liked it and plan to order some of Kenriko's kits for themself to do for other customers.

• Informative
Reactions: DrDabbles
Not only that but the materials to do the console they can probably just get from scraps they have from other jobs. The ycan charge you a minimal amount for materials and reduce their own wasted product.

If you're not confident after watching the video he provides, don't let people bash you. Prob $30-40 in labor to protect your many hundreds of dollars of material that it'd cost to replace. Go for it.

I did mine in prob 30 minutes or less but I've had years of experience with cell phone screen protectors and am kinda handy. Know your strengths and weaknesses.