Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Having a problem with pick-up and need advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call last night from a Tesla Rep to say my car was ready for pick up in Fremont next Tuesday morning. I'm paying the full amount with a cashier's check, but still don't have contract, VIN, nor final amount due. Since Monday is a bank holiday, and I'll be driving to Fremont Tuesday morning to get the car, today is the only day I can get the cashier's check. I called the main customer service line, and they couldn't help me. I was given a number to the finance department, but it went to voicemail after 8 rings. Do any of you have some words of wisdom that might help me?

I got a call last night from a Tesla Rep to say my car was ready for pick up in Fremont next Tuesday morning. I'm paying the full amount with a cashier's check, but still don't have contract, VIN, nor final amount due. Since Monday is a bank holiday, and I'll be driving to Fremont Tuesday morning to get the car, today is the only day I can get the cashier's check. I called the main customer service line, and they couldn't help me. I was given a number to the finance department, but it went to voicemail after 8 rings. Do any of you have some words of wisdom that might help me?
That makes absolutely no sense. How do you not have a VIN and a MVPA at this point especially since you’re getting the car next week? When I look at my Tesla account I can look at the order details and all the amounts are listed. Since I’m in NJ and there are no EV taxes it makes things a lot easier. If you went in there with a cashiers check that was a little over the amount owed you’d get that amount refunded to you. I’m very fortunate I have an excellent delivery advisor and he’s very responsive. Sorry that yours hasn’t been as responsive.

Reactions: neroden
My delivery advisor could not have been worse. He originally told me I had to pick up the car on Saturday. I explained to him I couldn't do it and he said I was on a "special list" and I wouldn't like my delivery date if I turned this one down. I reluctantly accepted Saturday. The advisor called back 5 minutes later and said he could extend delivery to Tuesday. He had no information about my contract, VIN, or total amount owed. I'm not off to a good start with Tesla. Hopefully it's just a hiccup.

My delivery advisor could not have been worse. He originally told me I had to pick up the car on Saturday. I explained to him I couldn't do it and he said I was on a "special list" and I wouldn't like my delivery date if I turned this one down. I reluctantly accepted Saturday. The advisor called back 5 minutes later and said he could extend delivery to Tuesday. He had no information about my contract, VIN, or total amount owed. I'm not off to a good start with Tesla. Hopefully it's just a hiccup.
I’d try calling or emailing your DA again. And also perhaps contacting the location where you’re getting delivery. Hopefully they could at least give you your VIN and give you some additional insight into the delivery. Calling Tesla sales number should also be able to get your VIN.

Reactions: neroden

If you don't know how much the cashier's check is supposed to be, you can't get the cashier's check. :shrug: Does your bank have a branch closer to Fremont?