Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Having problem setting up Wall Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you find out? I'm having the same problem.
My takeaway from all this is, the wall charger doesn't need to be connected to the internet. Just check the version of firmware you're running, then download the latest version from here (Troubleshooting a Gen 3 Wall Connector) to a laptop. Connect the charger to your local network and access it through the laptop, and install the latest version, then forget about it.

I hope this helps.

I'm having a similar problem. I'm able to connect to the wall charger's broadcast signal and enter all relevant info and commission it to 60 amps, but it continually says "no internet connection". I've tried changing security protocols WPA3, WPA2, ...etc. but it never connects to the internet. I was able to download the latest firmware update locally, then connect to the charger's network and install it, but the wall charger never reaches the internet. Does it even have to? What's the point of it? If I can DL the firmware updates and install them locally, why do I need internet access on my charger?

This whole thing has me confused.
Make sure you stay on the charger wifi. When you connect to the wifi you phone realizes there is no data and it switches back to your regular wifi. Turn off auto connect then make sure you stay on the tesla charger wifi. Also put in airplane mode so cellular does not turn on also. Then go through steps.

A laptop also works because it stays on the wifi chosen vs. Trying to switch back.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Ok took a YouTube video of the wall connector commissioning process for wifi, firmware, and other settings. Hope this helps others get past the first process. I do not have WPA 3 turned on FWIW. Using a Google nest mesh network.

I'm definitely not a YT pro... 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: pb843