Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Having trouble deciding on colors

Which exterior color?

• Black exterior

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Dolphin Grey exterior

Votes: 18 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know these types of posts can be annoying, so sorry in advance. I am really struggling - car goes into production in 3 days. I currently have a black/grey rims/grey interior/obeche gloss configuration. Struggling because I keep debating between black and grey exterior (--otherwise, the same exact setup). Given the good advice I have received on these forums leading to this point, thought I would post a poll.

1. Black exterior/grey rims/grey interior/obeche gloss
2. Grey exterior/grey rims/grey interior/obeche gloss

BTW, forget practical concerns. I know everyone always says that black shows dirt, it's hotter, etc. Pretty much just looking for opinions on looks.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I suggest black because the gray interior and gray exterior are on two very different color spectrums. The exterior is a cold gray (blue-ish) and the interior is more warm (red-ish).

Just my .02

We did black interior on our gray P85 for this exact reason. If you are near a store I highly recommend looking at swatches.

For someone who would pick silver it's hard to give an opinion on looks alone. IMO all colors Tesla offers look really great on the car. Grey as well as black both look great with the grey rims.

You can always toss a coin or some such. And if you don't like the outcome, then I guess you know which color you want.

If I could buy a second one, it would be the gray. Recently saw it in person with the gray wheels and it is so sharp... And not very common like black. But SwedishAdvocate is right, every color offered is beautiful. I've now seen all in person and would happily take any of them.