Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - 2017 Legislative Session - EV-related Bills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is ridiculous that a law can be so blatantly ignored and not enforced. Tells you something about the property owners/managers attitude about following the law and doing the right thing.

The DOT should implement admin rules (which will probably take forever) with stiff fines for noncompliance, then you'll see how quick the property owners can move.

It is unfortunate that property managers/owners don't comply, but even worse that they don't see the value of it as an amenity for their customers. The same argument goes for finding a place for a Supercharger. Land is too valuable and property owners don't want to give up that space just to accommodate them. :(

I was surprised to see that the article on "missing" EV Spaces was on the front page. Star-Advertiser was really working to fill that page considering so few of us benefit from the spaces compared to those that think we are underserving of the charger and space.

Can anyone give a summary of EV-related bills passed by the legislature this year? In particular, I'm curious about a potential $2500 credit on the purchase of an EV and credits that would apply to installing a Tesla PowerWall. Thx!

Can anyone give a summary of EV-related bills passed by the legislature this year? In particular, I'm curious about a potential $2500 credit on the purchase of an EV and credits that would apply to installing a Tesla PowerWall. Thx!

The EV credit bill never made it passed the first reading in January.

The battery storage bill was in conference committee meeting last Friday. No update after that so maybe didn't survive.

Clean energy bill promoting 100% renewable transportation by 2045 died in the Senate last week too after mainland auto lobbyists amped up their attacks (according to Blue Planet).

Not a good year for Clean energy at the legislature this year. :mad::(

Nanimac, thanks for keeping an eye on these things. Of 17 bills to help aviation, 16 of them died this year. I think part of the problem is that there was a feud of sorts in the legislature and lots of legislation perished. Let's hope next year is better.

Reactions: nanimac