Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Auto Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to find out what insurance company you have covering your MS. I found that GEICO increased the rate to cover my MS by $200 every 6 months.

I have Allstate. But have my home insurance with them too so there's a discount.
Allstate here also. I opted for the replacement coverage if I total the car in the first three years. one more year to go.:scared:

- - - Updated - - -

Another Easter egg!? Elon Musk on Twitter: Another Easter Egg will be hidden in the Model S code in 2015. Last one took a year to find. Next one should be easier.

well, it would have been found sooner if someone had said there was one (a year ago).

Theres been some past and recent discussion in the Hawaii forum on the topic of auto insurance providers, rates, general questions, etc., so here's a dedicated thread to make it easier to find this information going forward.

I was under AIG for all of these years, but then they got bought out by Farmers. When I got the S, Farmers said they wouldn't cover me because the car was unknown and too expensive, but referred me to their sister company Progressive. The rates were still pretty low IMO (same as my 3 series BMW previously) and hasn't gone up in the two years I've been with them. I've got a clean and incident free history thus far from AIG>Farmers>Progressive though so ymmv.