Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Bragging Space for your MS or MX - Configuration, Color, Name, When & Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeff, GREAT PICTURES. (As always). You are too modest and you don't give yourself sufficient credit that you earned.

Thanks for the wow and congrats guys. Yes it feels good, but it hurts to wait. Like you didn't know that already, huh?

Last edited:
VIN P20800
HI EV tag tbd
Tessie Too
Arrest Me-(tomorrow) Red, P85, Air Suspension, Tech Pak, Pano Roof, UHF Sound (same-o), Black Performance Seats, Fog Lamps, Parcel Shelf, Michelin Primacy's on 19's, Supercharging (like that will do me any good) and, wait for it, WAIT for it, [drum roll, please] them famous PARKING SENSORSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Yay, Yay, Yay.

Ordered and Confirmed 20 Aug, Estimated delivery end of Sept.

So jealous and happy for you! I was wondering when your Red Wonder (yes, i made up my own name) was coming :)

I think we'll have to plan the next meet up for October so we can see all the new Teslas..and test out the parking sensors!

Last edited by a moderator:
VIN P20800
HI EV tag tbd
Tessie Too
Arrest Me-(tomorrow) Red, P85, Air Suspension, Tech Pak, Pano Roof, UHF Sound (same-o), Black Performance Seats, Fog Lamps, Parcel Shelf, Michelin Primacy's on 19's, Supercharging (like that will do me any good) and, wait for it, WAIT for it, [drum roll, please] them famous PARKING SENSORSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! Yay, Yay, Yay.

Ordered and Confirmed 20 Aug, Estimated delivery end of Sept.

I'm sorry you will have to change your color to silver. I don't want to go through the bother of painting your bumpers with parking sensors after I steal them.

Last edited by a moderator:
ddruz, I love Tessie, the white 60. Absolutely nothing wrong with her. I was doing just fine until the 28 July meet. DSmith talking about his hot-rod P85, StephenM bragging about his launch from Waikiki each time he goes to the warehouse, and Hawaiiskibum showing up with real live RUBY RED. Both of them (she and her car) are breath-taking. Seeing and hearing got me thinking, hmmm what could I do, hmmm. Let me feel out on Craigslist if there's anyone interested in Tessie. And behold!, there was. Tessie Too has just about the same stuff that Tessie has, not a lot of difference, 'cept the 4.4 second motor and color, and Parking Sensors and ... Nuthin' wrong with Tessie. She's wonderful. Now, I am broke.

Last edited:
Congrats, Akikiki! It was great getting to see Tessie up close...she's gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing Tessie Too. Perhaps our girls will be ready for pickup at the same time? ;)

I've given her the name "Selene", after the Greek goddess of the Moon. Just under a month to go...

VIN P20800
Tessie Too
Arrest Me Red 85.
Delivery 9/28
Driver Status:
9/3: Lost, Confusion, Why does the day seem so long?
9/5: My right foot involuntarity just stomps the floor. Withdrawals are a pain.
9/6: I feel naked without my Tessie. And trust me, you don't want to see this body naked.
9/7: I've been without a Tesla now for 8 days. I, I... I feel so mortal. Where did my superpowers go?
9/8: Since its Sunday, I had time on my hands. Too much. I sat in my garage with my eyes closed remembering all the noise (none) my Tessie made as I backed in and pulled out. Sniff - sniff, (tears).
9/9: Had to drive to work in an ICE vehicle, ugh. I snuck out of my garage before daylight.
9/10: Just a little upswing on the emotion today. MMartin got word from our DS that his and my cars are headed for the dock for loading and shipment. That might help me make it though today without dragging my feet.
9/11: Waited all day. Was hopeful the DS would call and tell me again that my car was headed to the dock for shipment. Yes, he had told me yesterday. But I certainly would love to hear it again. He never called. I guess he figures once is enough.
9/12: September. This month has been the longest year of my life. whew. And we are not half way there.
9/13: The classic example of the worse day this year to be Teslaless.
9/14: The Mokihana with mmartin's and my new Red 85 left Long Beach pier 62 at 05:30 our time. Now we have 13 days and 15 hours til "T-Time.".
9/15: Some expectant parents would clean up the nursery and put up new curtains. Well, I could not get Tessie 1 through the 36" back door, so Plan B. As a soon to be proud parent of Tessie Too, I had to do something special, so I spent the entire weekend painting the insides of my garage. Two gallons of adult beverages and one gallon of off-white interior. Its almost worthy of her. Still have the Tesla Parking Only sign to put up. 11 days 14 hours and 30 minutes til T-Time once again.
9/16: Still do not feel like I have served by penance for selling Tessie 1. So, last night, I pushed a heavy chain around the side streets where I live. Remember the old commerical? Slap, I could have had a V8? Well, Slap, slap, I could have been driving a EV.
9/17: I've spent the afternoon looking at My Tesla dashboard. I mean really looking at my pretty red MS sitting there looking back at me. I know that you are going to think I am crazy, but I swear, I saw the wheels turn. I saw the door handles present. I saw the left headlight come on and go off. (She winked at me.)
9/18: So. I am sitting at work and trying to concentrate on things that I need to do for my job. I am alone in the office, and I hear this hisssing like sound. Then it changes to a whirl, whirrrrl, whirrrl. I look around, and there's nothing turned on, the radio is low, and I can't figure where this sound is coming from. Down in the system tray of Windows, Internet Explorer is showing a black circle with a background light flashing on and off. That's odd. I open IE and it comes up to the TM page and shows me My Tesla dashboard. There's nice Arrest-Me-Red Tessie Too, and her left rear wheel is spinning and leaving a black mark on the screen. And I hear the whirl again. Its the driver window moving up and down. Then the banner runs across the bottom of the dashboard saying, "don't you want to go for a spin? don't you want to go for a ride? Just ten more days and we go". Then I woke up. This hurts.
9/19: Now what do I do? Eight days to go. Its harder knowing she's arrived and I have to wait to get her. So, this afternoon, I thought I could at least confirm she's on island, because everything else is just rumor until someone can say they saw her. So, I emailed Barry and asked if he has paperwork on Tessie Too. The email I get back says, "she here, she's ready for pickup and I can get her tomorrow if I wish. O-My-Goodness!! I get my girl tomorrow. yay. T-Time! I think that says it all. (I must conserve my strength.)
Delivery 9/20 - That exactly 1 month after confirmation of order and all the way to Hawaii.

Last edited:
Word of advice: don't post your RN# on the forum. Theoretically if someone can work out your real name (not hard) they could mess with your reservation or even trick Tesla into giving your deposit back to them. We have no instances of this actually happening but better safe than sorry. Posting the VIN has no risk.

I removed Akikiki's RN and updated the subsequent posts that quoted him.