TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hawaii Charging Stations/Parking

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drtko147, Nov 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

All good ideas. Maybe we should all get out there and talk to someone at each location about how the benefits of supporting Tesla owners draws us to their business like a magnet.

2. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

FYI:
    Four Seasons Koolina has a Tesla destination Charger
    Dole Plantation and Kapolei Commons already have the HECO fast chargers there.

I think the easiest way to get their attention for a location is to provide them with a contact person for that location. Saves them a step with their research.

• Like x 1
  3. imboom

imboom Member

I'm under the impression that the Koolina Destination Charger isn't open to the public and is in the Four Seasons parking lot, is that true?

4. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Hmmm.. it may be. I've only been there for dinner and just asked valet to charge for me.

5. Sean697

Sean697 Member

Let's be honest, nobody on Oahu with a Tesla "needs a fast charger" Anywhere on the island is accessible roundtrip and then some with our cars. The appeal is a fast, free charge on longer trips. And the HE fast chargers are not as fast, nor are they free. In addition they require. A 500.00 adapter. So obviosly in town would make sense. But on key round the island locations was what I was thinking to help ease the somewhat non existent range anxiety. And relive the somewhat large electricity cost we pay home charging on Oahu.

6. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

There's a number of our original Tesla owners that can not charge at home. Those that live in the high rises for instance can't charge at home because the building infrastructure does not support 220V in the parking lots. When they are out in the wild such as Ward Center, they are head on competing with non-Tesla EVs that are trying to get a full charge too. Even a 50 amp Destination Charger will take some of our folks 3+ hours to receive a full charge. (Some only charge once a week.) It would be great if any Hawaii Destination Chargers were 100/80 amp 220V but that would mean the cars would need dual or high amp chargers. And in some cases its too late to add the second charger to the car. Soooo, Superchargers are their solution. Some of us that can charge at home are advocates for those that can't charge at home, because they are part of the Tesla family.

• Like x 1
  7. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

The state should enforce the law regarding EV stalls and mandatory charger availability in "public" lots, and lead by example by providing more chargers at state facilities such as the airport and stadium.

8. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Yes, but that requires a new law for enforcement. The "mandatory parking space" law did not have an enforcement clause.

9. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Well I finally broke down an bought a CHAdeMo adapter.:cool: I haven't used it yet. I am saving it for those times when I HAVE to get a charge and am blocked:mad: (and have an extra $6.50 for the charging session).:( as a side note. I pulled into an open charger today and a leaf was parked on the cord (not charging):eek: I figured it was about time I purchased the jack I had been planning to buy for a while now.;) ... and Jacked the leaf off the cord so I could plug in.:oops:

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  10. KevinY

KevinY Member

I love my Chademo. I'm more than happy to pay 6.50 to charge at about 46kw. Charging at anything less seems so painfully slow.

11. Sean697

Sean697 Member

I noticed the Costco in Kapolei finally replaced their broken charger. Of course a Ford EV pulled in right ahead of me.

12. Tyl

Tyl Member

Locals may not go to the International Market Place often, but nice to know there are many HPWC’s there.

Fourth floor of parking garage.

Photos.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  13. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Yes, there are. Good find. And there are also some at the Tesla store at Ala Moana Shopping Center. Owners are not permitted to use those either. They reserve them for charging demos at both sites.

14. Tyl

Tyl Member

IMP.....To my understanding any Tesla owner may charge there. There were owner cars charging there yesterday. They are for the convience of shoppers.

15. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Well, I hope so. But it's not what we've been told.

Did you enjoy seeing the new store at IMP? Two floors, huh? Wow.

16. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I heard we could use the IMP chargers. :)

• Like x 1
  17. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY

18. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

For all those times you go to Waikiki :p

• Funny x 3
  19. RodF

RodF Member

Absolutely for sure not tonight. Gridlock there with POTUS in town. o_O

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. KevinY

KevinY Member

Too bad IMP parking is expensive. Makes free charging not so free.

• Like x 2