Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Charging Stations/Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear! Where are they located exactly?

The Costco in Waipio has 1 SemaConnect (directly opposite the gas station lanes). I was able to plug in there for a little over an hour with no fee (I don't yet have a Sema membership card, so I had nothing to swipe). I was there on Friday (11/25). I got 6.13 kWh charge in about 1 hour and 10 minutes on my LEAF.

I thought "this" was behind me.:(
I was charging at Ward and got unplugged again. they left the plug on the ground in front of my car. Still the King of getting unplugged.:mad:

and then to top it all off I hit a pot hole:oops: at the stop light on ward (in front of the old Sports authority.) and blew out my tire.:eek::mad:
it was midnight and thankfully I was able to limp home before it was totally flat. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:rolleyes:)
Thankfully:) I saved one tire last time I replaced all 4. Spent the day trying to figure out how to fix the tire with no jack and no transportation.
Now where did I put that Road hazard warrantyo_O

And to get back on topic....
the charger at the Blaisdell has been out for a while with a charger fault. they finally fixed the charger. Now all I get when I plug in is "low line voltage"
after getting that error message I to the Volta charger at Executive chef (by Menchies) and plugged in.
about an hour later I checked my charge status only to find out the charger had no voltage even though I was still plugged in. an Hour wasted. as I moved to the Ward Theater chargers I saw a HECO electric Smart car pull into the open charging spot. Can't HECO charge their own cars at HECO?
I waited another hour for a spot to open up. Plugged into three chargers and two hours wasted in one day. didn't finish charging until 1AM.

Last edited:
I was charging at Ward and got unplugged again. they left the plug on the ground in front of my car. Still the King of getting unplugged.:mad:

and then to top it all off I hit a pot hole:oops: at the stop light on ward (in front of the old Sports authority.) and blew out my tire.:eek::mad:
it was midnight and thankfully I was able to limp home before it was totally flat. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:rolleyes:)
Thankfully:) I saved one tire last time I replaced all 4. Spent the day trying to figure out how to fix the tire with no jack and no transportation.
Now where did I put that Road hazard warrantyo_O

the charger at the Blaisdell has been out for a while with a charger fault. they finally fixed the charger. Now all I get when I plug in is "low line voltage"
after getting that error message I to the Volta charger at Executive chef (by Menchies) and plugged in.
about an hour later I checked my charge status only to find out the charger had no voltage even though I was still plugged in. an Hour wasted. as I moved to the Ward Theater chargers I saw a HECO electric Smart car pull into the open charging spot. Can't HECO charge their own cars at HECO?
I waited another hour for a spot to open up. Plugged into three chargers and two hours wasted in one day. didn't finish charging until 1AM.

Excellent effort in explaining your pain. I fully understand. I get it. I am sorry for you that you are having such a hard time lately. And I agree, why can't HECO charge at HECO or one of those "Courtesy of HECO" DC station they install.

Yikes! Guess the HECO driver doesn't know about their fast chargers :mad:

Maybe time to get the chademo charger so you can use the HECO fast chargers or is your building situation getting resolved soon?

Blue Planet Foundation is seeking input on charging station locations. Input needed by Friday! See facebook post below for info and contact email.

IMG_2468.jpg

I'd think a location closer to high-rise apartments in Honolulu is more likely. Now that Tesla is moving to a pay for electricity if it's local use policy, they can make the supercharger as convenient as possible without worry that too much of the juice will be given away for free to locals. I'm sure that many high-rise dwellers are concerned about charging and a convenient supercharger would answer their needs. We'll see.

PS: I was going to post the story about Oahu getting a supercharger but Nanimac beat me to it, in much the same way she stole victory from me in the race to take possession of our deep blue 70Ds back in 2015. Don't get me started. Grumble, grumble.

Reactions: nanimac
PS: I was going to post the story about Oahu getting a supercharger but Nanimac beat me to it, in much the same way she stole victory from me in the race to take possession of our deep blue 70Ds back in 2015. Don't get me started. Grumble, grumble.

My husband's car is coming in any day now.. it's not as much fun with no one to compete with for delivery :p guess we'll have to wait for the 3 :rolleyes:

Any guesses on where? Am thinking new SC in Kakaako :cool:

Per an email conversation with Tesla supercharging team, they are currently scouting locations on the island and welcome any suggestions we may have. Post your suggestions here and consider where it would make the most sense for a lot of owners (i.e. not just because you want one near your house..lol)

I'll be sending the supercharger team a follow-up email with potential locations.