Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - COSTCO Waipio installed a charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use almost no electricity during the day, and try to run everything after 9pm at night, including charging. TOU-EV gets you the higher rate to sell back PV during the day, along with a lot of panels, makes for a small bill. :smile: I don't have the math in front of me, but I do know it costs me on average about $0.02/mi for the MS when I did the math, and I average around 250wh/mi driving, so 1 kwh is approximately $0.08, on average. It's a bit higher during the winter when there's less sun during the day and lower during the summer.

I use almost no electricity during the day, and try to run everything after 9pm at night, including charging. TOU-EV gets you the higher rate to sell back PV during the day, along with a lot of panels, makes for a small bill. :smile: I don't have the math in front of me, but I do know it costs me on average about $0.02/mi for the MS when I did the math, and I average around 250wh/mi driving, so 1 kwh is approximately $0.08, on average. It's a bit higher during the winter when there's less sun during the day and lower during the summer.

Got it, thanks!!