Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - COSTCO Waipio installed a charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What network is it on (Blink, ChargePoint, etc.)? Fee for use? If so, what?

I drove past this AM, I could have sworn I saw a Chargepoint logo on the side. Could be wrong.
9 post in and still no detailed information. does this charger even exist or are people making this up.
this is like pulling teeth. still want more information... type connector? Fee? confirmation on network? Amps/Volts available?

Google is da bomb. Found a pic - yeah looks like a Sema charger (says ChargePro on the side which is where I think I got the impression that it was a Chargepoint charger)

Checking the SemaConnect website, it's not listed yet but judging by the other Sema chargers at the other Hawaii Costco locations (Kauai, Maui, and Kona), it looks like a charge of $0.30 / kWh.

1ef647723d31adc41a1b951765d6a802.jpg

Last edited:
Keen in mind, that if you have PV, and are on the TOU-EV rate schedule, the cost is even lower. :biggrin: I did some rough calculations, and my cost to charge at home is around $0.10/kwh, so I never pay for outside charging. Volta (when they work!) is great though.

Keen in mind, that if you have PV, and are on the TOU-EV rate schedule, the cost is even lower. :biggrin: I did some rough calculations, and my cost to charge at home is around $0.10/kwh, so I never pay for outside charging. Volta (when they work!) is great though.

How are you getting it that low? TOU off peak usage is approx 6 cents cheaper than Schedule R so that'd make it about 17 cents/KWh? Unless you're factoring offset from PV ... but that seems slightly strange too since PV doesn't operate at night when off peak hours are.