Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After spending the last few weeks waiting and reloading, got a surprise tonight. VIN 11XXX assigned!

LR AWD / White / Black / 20" Induction / AP

No text or email yet. Website updated prompting for final payment.

Trade in didn't change, so wondering what happens if I make the "final" payment to lock it in. Looks like they have it in the fine print that it can still change the amount due up to the delivery day.

I suspect it was because of the 2021 RAV4 Prime articles I've been reading today. Under $50k for a loaded one with a $7.5k tax credit is tempting... :)

Reactions: Akikiki
First HI order I've seen go out grats! 2 week wait?

Thanks. According to a sales rep at the Ala Moana store, there was one delivered to the island of Maui before the shelter-in-place orders in March, but otherwise none in Hawaii. I'm sure mine is one of many on the way here.

No idea on the delivery date. Don't know if it's on the boat or still at the factory. Given all the other VINs being reported, I'm guessing it still needs to be built and I'm a few weeks out.

Back when we watched our Tesla page for updates, we wore out the button on mouses refreshing. Hundreds of refreshes a day. In those days, they didn't turn remote access off after testing. In those days they were building only about 200 cars a week so it was a big deal. The car's VIN was added to our account right away. There was very little action available in the app but we could honking and lights on, and locking/unlocking and track it in the map. But it was in our app.

When it was moved to Long Beach for the boat, remote was still on. We could track the cars after they were loaded on the boat, and moved away from the dock. We could still see the car moving in the water for about 50 miles or so from land. And when it got close to Big Island we could see it again, until it was offloaded. We couldn't do anything with it, but we knew when it got to the island. After we got caught flashing the lights and honking the horn while it was at the dock and in the hold, they started turning remote access off. They outsmarted us. We could find out the name of the ship it was on too. So we knew when the ship arrived, could look up when they were unloading. We helped each other track the ship across the ocean even when it wasn't our cars.

Reactions: Picasso
Bumping this thread; anybody understand how the deliveries work to Hawii? Do the cars come in on Pasha via San Diego, or on one of the big RoRo’s via Pier 80 in SF? Changed my oder on 7/15 right after the initial VIN came in to get the 20” wheels, and still waiting with no info.

Not a big deal waiting, just trying to plan things out as best I can, and it seems like any VIN assignment is very much last minute for HI.

Unless its changed, cars come in on Matson, leaving out of Long Beach. The cars had to be at the dock by Tuesday to make the Thursday ship departure. Usually arrive on Sunday afternoon or early Monday for offloading about Tuesday. In the early days they were brought straight to the SC, but that was before there were dozens in shipments. I believe now they some are brought to the SC and others to the offsite lot. Not going to say where the offsite lot is. Don't know now, but in the days the SC was out at Waipahu, the early cars came in inside a container, and removed from the container at the SC's own loading ramp.

Old thread, but wondering if anyone has information on how Tesla would ship a car in Hawaii back to CA or would they not do that? I keep hitting on a car in HI that checks all the boxes of what I am looking for. Would Tesla deliver it back to CA?