Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by dpodoll, Nov 5, 2013.
Got tired of waiting for OTA update. Stopped by the SC yesterday and they hooked me up.
How is the upgrade?
I got 5.6 pushed to me today. Haven't experienced it yet, other than connecting to my home WiFi in the driveway.
I got my upgrade tonight...downloading later tonight. Anyone else get there's?
What do you mean by "got my upgrade"? I assumed it would download on it's own at some point.
Since our cars are similar configuration and build date, ran outside to check it as soon as I saw your post. No dice! :crying:
Received OTA update notification about 2 hours ago. Updated successfully!
Yeah, meant I got the screen that says update available...set it to download while I'm sleeping
I received 5.6 while in at the service center for a minor TPMS warning issue.
The folks at the service center said they are suggesting owners do the upgrade at the service center when in for service, rather than over the 3G. The update is big enough to have been interrupted in poor coverage areas, so it's just better to do in a controlled environment. They even thought future upgrades after 5.6 will be WiFi only.
My first impressions:
- Maps look stunningly better. Traffic is much easier to read, the lines seem crisper.
- Direction-up on the map works well, and labels DO rotate closer to horizontal. I am not a fan of this mode, but its done well for those who are.
- I'll be examining more about sleep mode.
- WiFi tethering on a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon LTE gets about 5Mbps, compared to 0.8Mpbs on the car's built in 3G.
- I'll be trying out the Springfield, OR, Supercharger tomorrow to report on the speedy 120 kW supercharging ability.
I got an email from Luke wanting to look at an image of my GPS error. (v4.5) I sent it to him and was planning on dropping by the SC tomorrow (Saturday) to show him in person, but a follow-up email form him said that they were having construction this weekend and would be closed.:frown: I guess I'll have to wait for the OTA upgrade (to v5.6) message. maybe I'll have better luck with a lottery ticket.:biggrin:
Am feeling like I hit the lottery by getting the 5.6 update before so many others Well maybe just a prize on one of those scratch cards...lol
My first day observations...
- delay in start-up was hardly noticeable to me. By the time I get situated putting my stuff down and phone in its holder, the car's ready
- right way map direction orientation makes me dizzy, especially from my house to the freeway since there are a lot of turns
- map traffic lines/colors are thinner and not as bold or easy to see as before
- wifi tethering (in my garage) is much faster than the slow 3G
- rated range down from 134 to 127 is disappointing
- vampire drain for 9.5 hours while at work down to 1 mile vs usual 3 miles
Still waiting here. :-(
You can turn off the rotating map and set it for "North up". I believe the update may have reset the map sizes also; try checking in the settings screen and change magnification to 2X.
For everyone, there is a Bug Tracking Wiki here - Model+S+Firmware+5+x+Bug+Tracker - and of course the regular forum discussion here: Firmware-5-6
Mod Note: I moved a couple of posts to the main Model S section here. I also updated this thread title as it was not clear clear this was a Hawaii thread. Please think about thread titles when starting a new one and try to include "Hawaii" or "HI" or a location in the thread title so that folks from the contiguous 48 understand when they're navigating through the "new post" list. Mahalo.
Excited about getting our upgrade! Anything to cut down the vampire drain will be awesome. Hopefully the delay in startup will be minimal.
No fair. I'm still waiting.
After reading other threads on this, seems like it's pretty random as to who gets the update or Maybe they're making up for the extra week of anxiety and frustration I had to go through when my car sat on the dock for no reason
5.6 showed up and the car updated. Will have to see how the vampire drain is. But wifi browsing on the car browser is definitely much faster!
I wish it was that, my car also sat at the dock in Oakland for an extra week while I suffered Teslanxiety waiting for my MS to ship. I think I am having a relapse waiting to get my sleep mode back (I had it back in January, and they took it away)
Aargh. Still waiting...
I made an appointment at the SC and took Red in this morning. Red has been updated now to 5.6. Already seems better. Its early to be absolutely sure, but I've had a GPS issue with 5.0 since Red arrived in Sep. This update seems to be more stable on the GPS and is not showing the same spinning behavior that it did on 5.0
For those waiting, I would recommend a scheduled visit to the SC to get 5.6 sooner.