Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No autosteer at all today! I took H-2 to H-1 (vs the zipper lane), and the lanes weren't recognized at all..even in the fast lane...damn lane dots instead of lines! I guess the reflective dots get picked up at night though. Hopefully future updates will address the faint line/dots issues.

No autosteer at all today! I took H-2 to H-1 (vs the zipper lane), and the lanes weren't recognized at all..even in the fast lane...damn lane dots instead of lines! I guess the reflective dots get picked up at night though. Hopefully future updates will address the faint line/dots issues.

That was what I noticed when I was using the loaner. Jimmy gave me the red P85D. I sheepishly tried the Autosteering but it didn't seem to work. I even tried the lane change but wimped out.

There were several Teslas in the parking lot, one 70, one 70D, one P85D, one P90D and one 85.

testing the last few days has been hairy.... being our roads are not marked well, it helps to be following someone... the funny... (or scary) thing is, when tracking the car in front, and they change lane, I changed too, good thing no one else was on the road...

the other thing, going down Kalanianaole Hwy, a few times auto steer took me to the turn lane on the left... the ones that have the white lines i kept going straight. but when it doesn't, be prepared to grab the wheel and turn back...

other then that its a fun Beta, was thinking if there wasn't the sensor in the drivers seat, i would actually try to get out of the seat....NOT!

testing the last few days has been hairy.... being our roads are not marked well, it helps to be following someone... the funny... (or scary) thing is, when tracking the car in front, and they change lane, I changed too, good thing no one else was on the road...

the other thing, going down Kalanianaole Hwy, a few times auto steer took me to the turn lane on the left... the ones that have the white lines i kept going straight. but when it doesn't, be prepared to grab the wheel and turn back...

other then that its a fun Beta, was thinking if there wasn't the sensor in the drivers seat, i would actually try to get out of the seat....NOT!

It has been like playing a video game driving the last couple days :scared:

BTW. In reading other threads...seems like a lot of people are having issues with the freeway dots/turtles not being recognized. Hopefully, Tesla working on a fix soon.

Last edited:
It has been like playing a video game driving the last couple days :scared:
Last couple of days?:confused: you mean since yesterday.:tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

User interface looks clean. I noticed after the update I didn't get any song information or album cover when listening to KSSK radio. Always had it before 7.0. Anyone experience the same?

KSSK? did they make album cover art back in the stone age? they are probably still chipping away at the rock.

My MS is older and has tire sensors on each wheel. where is this car status thingie?

There was a change in TPMS on the Model S some time ago at about the time of VIN 50,000. So even though our older MS's also have individual TPMS sensors, they are not the right ones that can interface to the software in V 7.0. I think the Car Status app is actually the same image we see in the center of the dash/speedo, but we don't see the enhancements that others see who have the newer TPMS sensors. I read a note from TeslaTap that stated the TPMS could be upgraded on older cars so they can interface to the V7.0 software. But TPMS sensors are not cheap plus there's installation. In all, while possible, likely not practical.

There was a change in TPMS on the Model S some time ago at about the time of VIN 50,000. So even though our older MS's also have individual TPMS sensors, they are not the right ones that can interface to the software in V 7.0. I think the Car Status app is actually the same image we see in the center of the dash/speedo, but we don't see the enhancements that others see who have the newer TPMS sensors. I read a note from TeslaTap that stated the TPMS could be upgraded on older cars so they can interface to the V7.0 software. But TPMS sensors are not cheap plus there's installation. In all, while possible, likely not practical.
:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Had a much better experience with auto steer and auto lane change on the H-3...worked pretty much the whole way back and forth to the air show. Am thinking the nice gray roadway vs the diff color tan roads on the H-1 provides a better contrast with the lines/dots.

Had a much better experience with auto steer and auto lane change on the H-3...worked pretty much the whole way back and forth to the air show. Am thinking the nice gray roadway vs the diff color tan roads on the H-1 provides a better contrast with the lines/dots.

Does your successful experiment mean you are going to move to Kailua so you can have an excuse to drive H3 and use autopilot every day?

Last edited:
I asked about upgrading:frown:
the TPMS sensors and the entire control box for them has changed and is even mounted in a different location. so that also means a new wiring harness.:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: