Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that action to put the car into Drive or Reverse is cleaner - more direct now than before. Before 7.0 I would need sometimes to pull the lever twice or three times to insure it dropped into gear. Of course that could have been that my foot may not always have been pressing the brake before hand (foot). And I am sure you all know what a curse it is to have to pull the lever twice. (He said with sarcasm dripping from his lower lip.)

I've noticed that action to put the car into Drive or Reverse is cleaner - more direct now than before. Before 7.0 I would need sometimes to pull the lever twice or three times to insure it dropped into gear. Of course that could have been that my foot may not always have been pressing the brake before hand (foot). And I am sure you all know what a curse it is to have to pull the lever twice. (He said with sarcasm dripping from his lower lip.)

pull it more than once and your playin' with it.:scared:
the thing that I have noticed (even without AP) that it again displays the brake lights, etc. on the picture of the MS in the main console :cool: like it did in V4(? or was it V3) you all remember back then:biggrin:

the thing that I have noticed (even without AP) that it again displays the brake lights, etc. on the picture of the MS in the main console :cool: like it did in V4(? or was it V3) you all remember back then:biggrin:

Yes, its nice once again to see the brake lights come on during re-gen. Its sensitive but not too much. I think the brake lights come on during a re-gen of about 22 xx.

I finally had a chance to run auto park! AWESOME!!... I pulled out went around the block to do it again... (I know, pretty sad.... i had time and it wasn't a busy street) but it parked better then i would have

Awesome! I suck at parallel parking...can't wait to try it! I'll probably try it a few times too...just like auto lane change over the weekend..lol

Just in case anyone is interested (I know you're not, DSmith) song info and cover art magically started working on its own.

I was very interested, until you said that:mad:

I'm in love with my car:love: with cover art
220px-Queen_A_Night_At_The_Opera.png

I love my car:love: with cover art
untitled.png

Magic

Last edited:
I kind of got ticked off today. someone reported a V7.0 Easter egg. I should have been the one to find it. after all my car's name was "four two":love:
I joke around and ask the SC staff (and anyone else) what my easily remembered VIN is. if you know me you can probably answer that, and my car name makes sense, and when I named it, it was also noted that it is the universal answer to the "ultimate question."

it seems that someone at Tesla is a Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy fan. if you enter "42" for the name of your car you get "Life, the Universe, and Everything".
If I had consulted "deep thought" I would have been asked "What do you get if you multiply six by nine?" then I would have known to enter "42" instead of "four two"
(Of course, this answer is deliberately wrong: six times nine is, in fact, fifty-four. The program on the "Earth computer" should have run correctly, but the unexpected arrival of the Golgafrinchans on prehistoric Earth caused input errors in the system)

Some readers (of "Fit the Seventh" BBC radio series) who were trying to find a deeper meaning in the passage soon noticed that in base 13, 613 × 913 is actually 4213 (as 4 × 13 + 2 = 54, i.e. 54 in decimal is equal to 42 expressed in base 13). When confronted with this, the author claimed that it was a mere coincidence, famously stating that "I may be a sorry case, but I don't write jokes in base 13."
I do binary, octal, decimal and hexadecimal. Sure I've bandied about with the vigesimal (base-twenty) positional numeral system used by the Pre-Columbian Maya civilization, for kicks.(who hasn't) but those cellar clubs in dark alleys attract an ancient evil element and it got to be too much.

The number 42

Douglas Adams was asked many times why he chose the number 42. Many theories were proposed, including that 42 is 101010 in binary code, that light refracts through a water surface by 42 degrees to create a rainbow, that light requires 10−42 seconds to cross the diameter of a proton. Adams rejected them all. On 3 November 1993, he gave this answer on alt.fan.douglas-adams:

The answer to this is very simple. It was a joke. It had to be a number, an ordinary, smallish number, and I chose that one. Binary representations, base thirteen, Tibetan monks are all complete nonsense. I sat at my desk, stared into the garden and thought '42 will do'. I typed it out. End of story.

Last edited: