TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

HAWAII - Firmware 7.1

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by dpodoll, Jan 11, 2016.

1. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

I think this release deserves it's own thread. Lane recognition on H1 is greatly improved. Still a little flakey on long sweeping turns (wanders side to side more than I would prefer. Parallel and Perpendicular parking are awesome. I never tried parallel parking with v7.0.

2. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Please include videos of the Summons function.

3. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

dpodoll, thanks for the report!

4. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

6. spleen

spleen Active Member

Yes, very!

7. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

#7 Papafox, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Have all you 7.1 autopilot people trained your Teslas to park exactly like you wish? I have, and it's very much like training a dog. Actually, it's easier than training Iceman because he's working as hard to train me as I am to train him. Anyway, after stopping the Tesla at exactly the same spot each time by pressing the stop button, My 70D got the idea and now stops at just the right spot. I wouldn't trust it yet to go no further, but so far so good. Next, I pulled it into the garage which is shared with another car. The Tesla angled a bit toward the other car in an attempt to get the same open space on each side. Solution? I put one 18 gallon rubbermaid bin on top of another and positioned them in the garage so that the front door just clears the bin when the car is parked and the door is opened. The results? By moving the bins slightly, I was able to get the Tesla to park exactly where I want it. There are slight variations in positioning, depending upon the angle at which I parked the car prior to using the summons command, but all the positions are safe and quite good.

I have even done the "blind summons", where I walk up close to the garage door, press the center of the fob while counting to six, then push on the reverse button. I can't hear much, but all of a sudden the garage door opens and a Tesla backs out, then closes the door behind it. The Tesla has opened the door every time before backing out... imagine that! The blind summons is a bad idea if you have kids who might be playing around the car or who might leave bikes or other items behind the car. Also, the Tesla will not move if the charging cable is attached. Please don't ask me how I know about the cable behavior.

8. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Papafox, good to know about the car learning where to stop when using summons! I will start "training" my Tesla this week as well as trying out the blind summons! Can you post a pic of how you arranged the bins?

BTW. The more fun you have with 7.1 features...the lower your chances are that you are selling your 70D!

9. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Nanimac, I'm back in Hawaii again and probably don't have a photo of the bins, but I am making a graphic of what I did and will post on my "A Flight Instructor Teaches Tesla Autopilot" thread. I'll drop a link here when that post is done. I'm really impressed with how well the Tesla can be trained to park in just the right spot if I use this one obstacle. Naturally, the bins are filled with junk, because that's what you do with bins. Yes, the cool stuff of autopilot 7.1 makes the 70D a truly amazing car. I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms. The only thing likely to save me is going out and pampering the Hawaii Tesla.

10. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Let me know if you want a ride-a-long or test drive in my car so you can see how autosteer works here in Hawaii :smile:

11. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Thanks, Nanimac, I may take you up on the offer once I slay the paperwork dragon that was hiding in my office upon return from travels.

12. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Software update today. Took 15 minutes. 7.1(2.12.45)

13. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I don't see anything new with this one.

14. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Same here - nothing new. Odd timing, because I just got 2.11.54 at the SC when they replaced my power switch last week.

15. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Wait, you have a power switch?! :confused:

:tongue::biggrin:

16. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

There was a thread on TM that said that Creep setting is not being saved under Driver Profiles. I wonder what else has moved to Driver Profiles that we've not noticed yet.

17. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

Version 2.12.126

Got 2.12.126 OTA last night. Installing now

18. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Me too. 2.12.126 Takes 14 minutes to install. No changes show in the release notes since 7.1

(Hint) Did you know that if you hold your finger on the 2:00 count down numbers for 3 or 4 seconds then release, it will run to zero and start the install immediately? Well, it does. :wink:

19. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Just saw my notification for the update...not sure which version yet but was still on 2.11.xx. Am glad i'll be able to set the distance the car reverses back now instead of rolling into the street :scared:

20. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I don't know if it is from the update or the new drive unit, but I am seeing that I only can charge up to 126 or 127 and seem to lose energy quicker. It seems to be about 6-7 miles difference.