Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HAWAII - Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there something wrong with my S? Is your car doing this? Has it started since the update last Saturday the 28th?
I'm not complaining. For me, this is a good thing. I don't need my charging cable locked when plugged in.

What am I talking about? For the last couple of days I've been able to unplug the charging connector (mobile connector) without the fob or unlocking the car. Is this a recent change to the software?

I don't know about you, but for years in order to unplug the mobile connector when I was ready to leave, I had to do the Tesla-two-step and step at least two steps to the left/front of the car and back to the right/rear to unlock the car before I could unplug the connector.

For the last couple of days, (at least the last couple of days), I can unplug without unlocking.

Any one else able to do this? Try please and let me know.

Is there something wrong with my S? Is your car doing this? Has it started since the update last Saturday the 28th?
I'm not complaining. For me, this is a good thing. I don't need my charging cable locked when plugged in.

What am I talking about? For the last couple of days I've been able to unplug the charging connector (mobile connector) without the fob or unlocking the car. Is this a recent change to the software?

I don't know about you, but for years in order to unplug the mobile connector when I was ready to leave, I had to do the Tesla-two-step and step at least two steps to the left/front of the car and back to the right/rear to unlock the car before I could unplug the connector.

For the last couple of days, (at least the last couple of days), I can unplug without unlocking.

Any one else able to do this? Try please and let me know.

Update: A couple of people reported back that their car was not doing this. On mine it started doing it right after the minor firmware update that I installed last weekend. There were no release notes on this update. And according to what I read on TM's forum, the minor update enhanced TACC and A/P. So it wasn't directed at my "old" car anyway.

Since no one else said their car was allowing unplugging without unlocking, I checked another item. My car was remaining unlocked. I could lock it with the fob or the button on the center console. But it was unlocked when I got out even though the handles closed.

I rebooted both the center console and the dash. And now this "feature" is gone. So, it wasn't a feature - it must have been a hiccup.

I discovered after a small firmware upgrade that my Tesla brewed a fresh cup of Kona coffee for me each morning and a gorgeous blond appeared in the right seat to compliment me on my driving. Well I rebooted the system and now the coffee and blond are gone. My bad. Moral of the story? When things are good, don't reboot.

• Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: spleen and nanimac
I discovered after a small firmware upgrade that my Tesla brewed a fresh cup of Kona coffee for me each morning and a gorgeous blond appeared in the right seat to compliment me on my driving. Well I rebooted the system and now the coffee and blond are gone. My bad. Moral of the story? When things are good, don't reboot.

I must have had the different firmware update since it was a beautiful brunette in the passenger seat. Oh, wait, that was my wife.

Reactions: Papafox and nanimac