Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are 2 opportunities raised by the last update - AP being limited to the actual speed limit (something that Elon may be reverting soon) and the blending of the various automatic door functions into one.

It would be great to be able to enable to automatic opening of the driver-side door when the fob is detected. I prefer to open using the fob as it's frustrating for the door to automatically open when entering the garage to access another car or stored items. On the other hand, the other 2 features (ability to open the doors with the fob) are great to have. Unfortunately, we have to disable them as they are bundled together with the auto-open feature.

Let me know if any of you are aware of a way around this. - Noel

Attachments

• Auto Door Setting MX 27DEC2016.jpg
    Auto Door Setting MX 27DEC2016.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 47
Mine stopped working the same time as drtko. But I had already checked notifications. They were still on. I turned the off and back on, and next time and several after made no difference. Just recently charging start and finish notifications started again.

Here's an interesting autopilot tidbit. While driving up a road in Kailua with hands on the wheel and 100% attention to my driving (and autopilot on to evaluate its performance), a skateboarder on the area beside the road crossed over the white line that separated the bike lane from my vehicle lane and I realized I would either have to disengage lane-keeping and swerve to the far edge of the lane or I would have to slow down until the skateboarded left my lane. Lo and behold, Tesla autopilot saw the skateboarder and slowed to a speed that kept me from overtaking him. He then left my lane for the bike lane again (after passing some pedestrians), autopilot noticed the coast was clear, and we accelerated back to normal speed.

While the changes to autopilot are small and not generally publicized, they continue to arrive, and I was impressed with this latest enhancement.

Reactions: nanimac