Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So lucky! Am excited about the location based suspension adjustments :)

Me too. I run on low setting all the time, but need to raise it to standard to not scrape the bottom of my car in the parking garage at work in Waikiki. It would be great if it would raise automatically every time I pulled in and when I leave. I wondering if it will be that accurate, or if it was programmed for stretches of road as opposed to a pin point location.
I was hoping Waze would be integrated, which it doesn't appear so. Also, was hoping that maybe they would have the guidance lines on the rear view camera for when you're reversing, but no dice.

Me too. I run on low setting all the time, but need to raise it to standard to not scrape the bottom of my car in the parking garage at work in Waikiki. It would be great if it would raise automatically every time I pulled in and when I leave. I wondering if it will be that accurate, or if it was programmed for stretches of road as opposed to a pin point location.
I was hoping Waze would be integrated, which it doesn't appear so. Also, was hoping that maybe they would have the guidance lines on the rear view camera for when you're reversing, but no dice.

I do wonder why it's taking so long to get the guidance lines in the rear camera view which was promised quite a while back. Somebody had wondered if it was a limitation of the particular Tegra processor that Tesla had picked for the S - with each firmware release without the lines, it makes you wonder if there's some hardware limitation.

The lines were often requested, I don't recall them ever being promised though.

Nigel. - you might be right. I thought I had seen it earlier but the earliest mention I can find from Elon was only 7 months ago which mentions it coming sometime in the future to the S

Farther down the road, Musk said the Model S would be equipped with guidance lines on the back-up camera and an adaptive cruise control.

Nigel. - you might be right. I thought I had seen it earlier but the earliest mention I can find from Elon was only 7 months ago which mentions it coming sometime in the future to the S

I agree with Nigel. There was never a promise from Tesla that I am aware of regarding backup guidance lines on the rear view camera display. There has been speculation in other threads over the past year that such lines are not possible with the current Model S graphics chip. Note that when in Reverse if a menu item like Homelink is overlaid on the display the video image goes blank, leading to the conclusion that it is not possible to overlay graphics on top of the video image. Which is unfortunate.

I agree with Nigel. There was never a promise from Tesla that I am aware of regarding backup guidance lines on the rear view camera display. There has been speculation in other threads over the past year that such lines are not possible with the current Model S graphics chip. Note that when in Reverse if a menu item like Homelink is overlaid on the display the video image goes blank, leading to the conclusion that it is not possible to overlay graphics on top of the video image. Which is unfortunate.

Well thats a bummer, and I'm sure they will eventually change this for future models, but after a year and a half driving the car I don't really need the guidelines anymore.

We just picked up our S85 on Monday. Finally. It's still on version 5.14, but then I just figured out how to connect it to my house wifi so maybe it will update soon. On the bright side, the iPhone iOS 8.0 Tesla app does let you start and drive the car without a key fob. Wish there was a update now button.

We just picked up our S85 on Monday. Finally. It's still on version 5.14, but then I just figured out how to connect it to my house wifi so maybe it will update soon. On the bright side, the iPhone iOS 8.0 Tesla app does let you start and drive the car without a key fob. Wish there was a update now button.

I've got a thread on the TM forum that ask people what their VIN and update to 6.0 date is. People have been reporting. The order is random. And its installing from both 3G and wifi. Makes no difference.

I've got a thread on the TM forum that ask people what their VIN and update to 6.0 date is. People have been reporting. The order is random. And its installing from both 3G and wifi. Makes no difference.

Yup. I still haven't gotten a notice for an update, but I've learned to be patient with these things. There will be patches to clean up the update anyway, so might as well get it a little bit later when it's not so buggy.

Yup. I still haven't gotten a notice for an update, but I've learned to be patient with these things. There will be patches to clean up the update anyway, so might as well get it a little bit later when it's not so buggy.

I love buggy. If they take away the bugs, we've got nothing to whine about. My car is perfect. The buggy software gives it character until they fix the bugs.

This morning when I went out to sweet talk and pet my baby, the screen showed it was ready to install 6.0. Received and installed. The update takes about 26-27 minutes after the 2 minute countdown. This might help you decide if you have an extra 30 minutes to install once you see the notification to install. My update is 6.0.165.15 Seems .11 and .13 is also being updated to .15

Its very clever how the iPhone app 2.0 changes to display other app features once 6.0 is on the car.