TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hawaii first impressions of P85D and service center

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by drrhm, Jan 9, 2015.

1. drrhm

drrhm Member

Hi all,
    First of all thank you all for the support and kind words while I was waiting for my car.
    Ok, so I arrived there at !:00 and was surprised at all the little extras they present you with, hats scarves water bottles key chains etc.
    Felipe, did my delivery and was very nice and walked me through all the things the S did. I told him I watched every tesla video and read almost every post over the last 6 months on TMC he told me to stop him if he was repeating things I knew already! Ahh the power of the internet!
    We took the car out on the normal test drive route and I punched it from a standstill.

WOW. This car is FAST. Really really fast. Not kidding kind of fast. Scary kind of fast. It felt like a launch off a roller coaster. A word of caution to anyone who buys one or drives one. Don't blast it on a street where there are driveways stores homes etc. It is so fast to 35-40 its literally like one blink and you're at speed.
    The car is amazing. There are so many posts on the internet about the power and interior I wont repeat it.

The Hawaii service center is wonderful, Ric the guy who details the cars is really nice and we shared the passion of detailing cars.
    I forgot to grab my adapter for my wall socket and Filepe offered to have it dropped at my office tomorrow, thats service!
    Its been a long day!
    Hope to meet all of you soon!
    BTW I think I saw DRTKO on the way home up the hill.

2. spleen

spleen Active Member

Congrats on delivery!! So when do we get to have rides in your car?? lol

3. drrhm

drrhm Member

Any time Spleen!
    We'll get together with Tony and go for a ride!

4. alohates1a

alohates1a Member

Congrats! Look forward to seeing pics of your new ride!

5. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Was that you driving up with the HUGE Tesla Grin. Very cool. Stop by the house and let me take a look at the monster.

6. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Congrats!!! Us early adopters didn't get all the Tesla swag you got. We were still just as excited to get our cars. Sounds like the delivery experience is even more exciting now!

7. spleen

spleen Active Member

Tony got sick already!! :D

But I will take you up on your offer soon!

8. G'sinHawaii

G'sinHawaii Member

Congratulations!

9. stoebs

stoebs Member

Congrats! I think I saw you pass by the house a couple times last week. Might have been you that honked at me at one point. It wasn't until you were around the hairpin that I realized it was you :)

10. Kofi

Kofi Member

It's good to see that Tesla really makes every delivery feel special for the owner. It takes a good amount of patience after you order, and it's definitely worth the wait. Congratulations!

11. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Looks like you can a get a showroom P85D for a bigger discount now..this thread says some at $10K - $11K below MSRP! Wonder how many are actually out there for sale?

New Sale on P85D Showroom Cars?

12. spleen

spleen Active Member

Oooooh. No, bad, bad, bad - must wait for my X. Need the full 6 passenger capability (sigh)

13. drtko147

drtko147 Member

spleen, the P85D is calling out to you. "Come buy me!" "You know you want the 0-60 in 3.2 seconds!" "Remember the acceleration thrill at the last test drive!"

14. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Remember the old saying, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Besides, you can get the P85D for you and get the Model X for your wife.

15. spleen

spleen Active Member

You're not helping ... ;)

16. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Happy Birthday, spleen!