TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hawaii - forum moderation

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by NigelM, Aug 21, 2013.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#1 NigelM, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    Aloha,

dsmith asked me to stop by and update several thread titles as there was some conversations getting derailed by other forum members who didn't realize they we're on an island thread. I went through the entire thread list so that should be complete now. If you all try to remember to add some local relevance indicator to the title of new threads that'll help self-regulate in future.

I'll try to look in from time to time but if you need anything else, just drop me a PM. There's a six hour time difference and I'm occasionally out of touch on boats working on marine research, but I can generally get to things within 24hrs.

Everyone seems pretty cool here but in case of spam, abusive behavior or offensive language feel free to use the 'Report Post' feature and that'll get an immediate review by the site moderators.

All the best,

Nigel

Edit: Note to new members - When you join TMC a number of your initial posts are placed in moderation for review prior to publishing. The delay maybe be up to 24hrs but is usually much shorter. This has worked very well for us in reducing the amount of spam and advertising on the forum. For the same reason, access to certain features, e.g. signature line on posts, is initially restricted.

2. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Thanks for the good work, Nigel. It's much appreciated by all of us.
    Aloha!

3. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Thank you, Nigel.

4. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Thanks for keeping an eye on us over here in the middle of the Pacific!

5. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Thanks! Yes, going forward, we're all trying to remember to add "Hawaii" to our thread titles :) Guess we never realized how many reads we would get!

6. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Thank you NigelM. You win a free trip to Hawaii, excluding Airfare, room and board.:wink: But you will get a ride in one of the best cars and possibly a "cold-one" during your stay.
    There must be something a Marine researcher can think of to do here.:biggrin:

7. spleen

spleen Active Member

And thanks again, Nigel!

8. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#8 NigelM, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Wanted to make sure you're all aware of this:

If you don't know how to subscribe specifically to the Hawaii forum then go to the main forum page and look for this:

Untitled.jpg

Post questions to me here or to doug back on the site feedback thread.

9. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Thanks, again, for the tips Nigel. I just automatically check the Hawaii forum when I log on here, but this will make it even easier.
    Mucho mahalos!

10. spleen

spleen Active Member

Agreed, thanks much Grumpy Cat!

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Aloha,

for those of you who don't get out of the Hawaii section much: After 3 years doing this job, I'm taking an extended break from TMC and handing in my moderator badge.

Everything is so pleasant and peaceful in the islands that this corner of my moderating responsibilities was always one of the easiest to keep an eye on, but always a fun crowd of posters! Doug will assign someone in due course, but just PM him if anything urgent crops up in the meantime.

Continue just the way you all are. See you in the islands sometime! :)

All the best,

Nigel

12. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank you very much) for "watching over" us! Please let us know if you're ever in Hawaii!

13. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Thank you very much. Come and visit us in the islands.

14. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Nigel,

Mahalo for the time that you've shared with us on this forum! I hope to see you in the islands sometime! But, hey--you've got a little bit of sunshine is Sarasota too, so I understand if you don't make it over in the next 6 months. :wink:

Aloha,

WeazL

15. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Nigel, enjoy your away time.

16. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

#16 Papafox, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Nigel,
    We'll probably have a hootin and hollerin good time with a drunkin konga line starting up shortly, now that eyes are turned away. Lots of interest recently in a new thread "X-rated political, ethnic, and religious interpretations of the Tesla phenomenon."

In all seriousness, thanks for your efforts as a volunteer. You may wish to brush up on your poetry skills, however, because you're going to need them in 2017.
    cheers,
    Papafox

17. RodF

RodF Member

Sorry to see you go and we appreciate the time that you gave watching over us.

18. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Thanks for your service, Nigel!

Please welcome WeazL as the new Hawaii mod. Go easy on him as he learns the ropes. :)

19. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Grats to Weazl and a big MAHALO to Nigel for an outstanding job and just for being a helluva guy. Enjoy your break and hope to see you at the next TMC connect!

20. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Congrats Weazl...we promise we'll TRY to behave :tongue: