Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Hawaii Forum Moderation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WeazL

Moderator - Hawaii
Aug 18, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Hi Guys,

Life has thrown some curveballs at me and I have not been able to devote enough time to the forum as it deserves. I've enjoyed moderating greatly, and the admin have made things a lot simpler since I first took over. I was spending quite a lot of time moderating and reading posts all across the forum, but have since dedicated my time primarily to the Hawaii group since the forum facelift.

If no one wants to moderate it alone, I would feel OK staying on board as a mod if someone would co-mod with me (assuming that the admin OK's this). Any takers on either option?

Matthew

Hi Guys,

Life has thrown some curveballs at me and I have not been able to devote enough time to the forum as it deserves. I've enjoyed moderating greatly, and the admin have made things a lot simpler since I first took over. I was spending quite a lot of time moderating and reading posts all across the forum, but have since dedicated my time primarily to the Hawaii group since the forum facelift.

If no one wants to moderate it alone, I would feel OK staying on board as a mod if someone would co-mod with me (assuming that the admin OK's this). Any takers on either option?

Matthew

Can you post what the moderator would be responsible for, time committment, etc.?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for you patience. I've been non-existent since October, however I'll elaborate why in this post.

I had received word that my mother had become ill while on vacation and admitted herself to an ER in California. Having talked with her for several days leading up to this, I knew she wasn't feeling well and encouraged her to do so. I know she had to be feeling really horrible to get off of a cruise ship and go to a hospital. Her blood volume was very low which raised some big flags. Within 4 hours they had diagnosed her with Leukemia (AML type, which is very aggressive).

Being raised an only child, I am very close to my mom and this was a big pill for me to swallow. Her mother lived to 89 and her grandmother to 96, so we've been fortunate to have some longevity in our family with good health and didn't ever expect such a thing.

I travelled over to spend time with her and bring things from home for her and my father who has remained at her side. They have not been home since September when they left, and it's not likely that they will be back until mid-spring at the earliest. There is a significant possibility that she will undergo a bone marrow transplant. Traditionally, I would not have been considered a donor since as a child I am only about 1/2 of her genetics, whereas they can yield a closer match from a marrow registry. However, the City of Hope in Los Angeles is considering an alternative, newer procedure called a Haploidentical Transplant, and I would be the marrow donor for my mother. I have undergone recent testing for this and we are awaiting results from testing.

I'm going to spare explanations--you can google it if you wish to learn about it, but this is the stuff of science fiction; medical science is amazing.

All of that said, I'm back home now and getting back in to a new groove. I should be around again on the forum and (hopefully) at an upcoming drive. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Matt