Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii (Honolulu) Recommended Window Tinting Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my Tesla's windows tinted at Protint Hawaii on Moowaa St in Kalihi. In short, the owner Dwight M does excellent quality work, uses excellent tint products, provided an excellent warranty on parts AND labor, and all at a reasonable price.

He assures you that he will take care of your Tesla while it is on site being worked on. He has apparently done several Tesla's and some of the owners are TMC members. Highly recommended!

• Informative
Reactions: StephenM
I also recommend Dwight at ProTint if you're looking for tint at a shop. If you don't mind a mobile install in your own garage, Jun's tinting also does excellent work and he comes to you, which really works out well if you're doing Xpel since it needs time to cure.

Reactions: nanimac
I had my tint and vinyl wrap done by Al's Tinting in Aiea. They're really meticulous and performs
IMG_4529.JPG
excellent work.

Thanks for the compliments. I told him I wanted the satin pearl white wrap and chrome black but he pretty much came up with the rest. The rims were just plasti dipped. Good for now until I save up for black 21" or 22" wheels. Any thoughts on going to bigger wheels?

Attachments

• IMG_2629.JPG
    IMG_2629.JPG
    524.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Love
Reactions: nanimac
Here's a pic of Myb18c's car with 22s. View attachment 241504
I hope what you were going for was BADASS, 'cus it is.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on 19" wheels vs 21' or 22"'s. I suppose it's a matter of practicality or looks. I look at my S now and i am quite happy with the way it looks. I have 18000 miles and probably have that much more left on my tires. I would have replaced my tires already if I had 22's so I don't know if I want to go through tire changes much more often...

And then.... I saw Nanimac's post of the white S with 22"s....back to the drawing board again. LOL

By the way, I saw your comments as an email but do not see it here in the thread. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the compliments. I told him I wanted the satin pearl white wrap and chrome black but he pretty much came up with the rest. The rims were just plasti dipped. Good for now until I save up for black 21" or 22" wheels. Any thoughts on going to bigger wheels?

Plasti dipping seems like a good alternative. I've been thinking about black rims on my silver MS. Was it expensive?

There's a couple of companies on Oahu that can powder coat wheels. This is far more permanent than Plasti dip. But Plasti dip allows you to test and see if you like it before you commit permanently. Both serve useful but different purposes.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on 19" wheels vs 21' or 22"'s. I suppose it's a matter of practicality or looks. I look at my S now and i am quite happy with the way it looks. I have 18000 miles and probably have that much more left on my tires. I would have replaced my tires already if I had 22's so I don't know if I want to go through tire changes much more often...

And then.... I saw Nanimac's post of the white S with 22"s....back to the drawing board again. LOL

By the way, I saw your comments as an email but do not see it here in the thread. Am I missing something?

The guy sold his car and was sellng those rims. I can have him contact you if he still has them.