TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hawaii - Let's Count Teslas!

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by nanimac, Aug 21, 2015.

1. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Getting close to 500 for Oahu! 5 more to go!

2. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

edit..about 50 more to go for Oahu to get to 500! 5 more to go for the State

3. Polly Wog

Polly Wog Member

I updated the Maui totals for the first time in over a month. I finally spotted my first X, and then shortly thereafter saw two more. Unfortunately, the second two didn't have front plates (typical), so I couldn't add them to the tracker.

• Like x 2
  4. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

I think I've seen all three Maui X's while visiting and out riding my bike. I've seen a red one (twice), a white one, and a midnight silver one. So happy to see Tesla's here!

• Like x 3
  5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Please collect their color and tag so we can post it here as counted.
    Thanks,

6. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

The red one had temporary paper plates still. The other two were seen from a distance. Unless parked I'll have trouble chasing them down by bicycle but I'll keep my eyes peeled!

• Like x 3
  7. pw1388

pw1388 Member

Ordered a X in Nov. should be arriving soon. What license number plate is the current electricity car plate number?

8. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Alo' HA! Welcome to the family and the Hawaii part of the TMC Forum. Glad to have you talking to us. An X !! Tell us more about what you ordered, please. We all want to hear. A car carrier was of new Teslas was delivered to the Service Center yesterday. Could one be yours?

The high today is 7679. That's the highest EV plate number that's been most recently added. The contract that handles the registration paperwork for Tesla goes to more than one Honolulu DMV. DMV's are allotted batches of EV tags until they run out then are allotted another batch. So EV tag assignments could be issued the same day and be 50-100 numbers apart depending on how many the contractor has to get in a day. But for right now, our three highest is tag numbers are 7655, 7676 7679 and our lowest we count is 1, 5 and 143.

Under Groups here, there's also a Hawaii Owners section. And we have a Contacts and Info thread where you can tell us a little about yourself and how to contact you. Please look for it.

Again, welcome and congratulations.

9. Polly Wog

Polly Wog Member

@Akikiki, you must have missed that I entered 7705 for Maui about a week ago, so the documented number is higher now.

10. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Yes, I guess so. But I thought pw1388 was talking about Oahu since they are in Honolulu.

11. Polly Wog

Polly Wog Member

I get that, but vehicle plates are state-based, so you should see plates above 7700 very soon.

12. pw1388

pw1388 Member

Mahalo for the warm welcome! I am excited to receive my car. Daniel told me my car should be on the boat that arrived yesterday. How long does the pre-inspection take? I was hoping the plate would already reach the 8000 numbers. Here is my spec sheet.
    [​IMG]

13. Polly Wog

Polly Wog Member

@pw1388, I think with the amount of time it normally takes to register a Tesla in the state of Hawaii, there is a fairly good chance you will wind up with a plate with a number greater than 8,000. Regardless, enjoy!

14. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Polly Wog, I agree with you. I talked to one person that has already reached 30 days and didn't have his.

15. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Nice very nice. Welcome to the family.

16. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

#196 nanimac, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    @pw1388 When was your production completed? Trying to figure out if my husband's car would've been on the same boat. Takes a few days for them to check and prep the car. Am sure there will be ALOT of deliveries next week. Last quarter they had 20+ deliveries in the last week. So you'll likely get yours later this week or next week at the latest! CONGRATS and welcome to the Tesla Hawaii family! Looking forward to meeting you someday in person!

17. pw1388

pw1388 Member

Vin: 30XXX
    Ordered: 11/15
    Confirmed: 11/15
    12/3: In production
    12/4: Finish production

• Like x 1
  18. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Thanks for the info! His car trails yours by couple days so might have missed this boat. Fingers crossed it didn't ;)

19. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Keep in mind that Tesla will Fedex you your plates to your registered vehicle address from headquarters in CA. I wasn't expecting that when I got my X a couple of months ago - I thought the SC would call me to come pick up the plates later on (I didn't ask them though - just assumed).

I didn't even know the package was on it's way (no communication from Tesla that it was sent) and I only happened to find where the Fedex driver left it by chance. It arrived about 35 days after I took delivery.

20. spleen

spleen Active Member

Congrats and welcome to the X family!! Nice config!